So, I am officially on day 15 of my raw vegan diet adventure! Up to this point, it has been an amazing experience full of acceleration, transition and enlightenment. I have been keen on focusing my observation on my mental and physical state throughout the transition and I plan to film a video log all about it very soon. So stay tuned for more information!
Today’s blog is a recipe I wanted share with everyone as people have been asking me to do so. In the raw food world, “Onion Bread” is very popular so I decided to give it a try. I can say that it is absolutely delicious! And is a great alternative to cooked breads. You can use it for sandwiches, a side to another dish or even as a snack like crackers. It’s raw, healthy, and very tasty! Not to mention the fact that it’s super quick and easy to prepare and make, all of the ingredients are cheap and it doesn’t spoil quickly like conventional breads…
Keep in mind that this recipe can be altered, by adding or substituting various ingredients. I used all organic ingredients as well. Play around with it and see what you prefer. Enjoy!
RAW Onion Bread Recipe:
3 onions, large
1 cup flax seeds (golden, brown or a combo), ground
1 cup raw sunflower seeds, ground in a food processor (You can sprout them if you prefer)
1/4 cup Braggs Liquid Aminos, Nama Shoyu or Tamari sauce
1/4 cup cold pressed extra-virgin olive oil
- Peel and half the onions. Slice in a food processor (with slicing disc).
- Place onions in large bowl and mix with rest of ingredients until thoroughly combined.
- Spread mix over a Teflex sheet or parchment paper and repeat until all of mixture is used.
- Dehydrate at 100-115°F for 12-24 hours depending on how dry you want your bread. Flip half way through your desired time.
- Cut into pieces. (I usually score them about half way through the dehydration period, but you don’t have to.)
While we all throw around the term “Cancer” loosely, do we really know what it is and what it means?
Have you ever wondered why, despite the billions of dollars spent on cancer research over many decades and the promise of a cure which is forever “just around the corner,” cancer continues to increase?
Find out what your personal risk of getting cancer is with the fast 42 second quiz.
You can take the quiz here.