Can Soursop Really Cure Cancer?

Soursop Soursop Soursop – I just wanted to say that, this word has no meaning now I have said it so many times. Although, it is fun to say!

There has been a lot of information surfacing lately about this amazing Asian fruit, which is said to have 10,000 times the cancer fighting properties than chemotherapy. Quite impressive! This fruit is called ‘Soursop.’

I just want to say that there are a number of different studies done with this fruit, but it appears that there are no real scientific studies done on humans to prove that this fruit can cure cancer. I am not surprised by this because if this fruit does do as the claims are saying then the cancer industry wouldn’t want to report on a study because then, they would be out of business and the ‘Cancer Industry,’ would no longer be an industry at all. The way I see it is that I don’t understand why people would go through all the trouble of providing their own research and experiences about something if it is completely false. Not only that, but chemo is still really not a very effective treatment at all, so any alternative methods are worth a shot!

Soursop is a sweet, seedy fruit with a milky white flesh and a green-yellowy colored skin. It comes from a specific type of evergreen tree that is found in Mexico, Peru, Australia, Malaysia and many South American and Asian countries.

There have been studies done on rats that show that soursop can directly combat cancer cells and stop and inhibit growth. This is a great thing because the Chemotherapy method combats all cells in the hopes that it will kill the cancer cells as well. Soursop is a high alkaline food, so it is important to watch the intake of it, because too much alkaline can in fact, have adverse affects on the body. If it is being used to fight cancer, then the body is acidic and can definitely benefit from high doses of alkaline. This is how the soursop combats the cancer.

Soursop also contains high levels of vitamin C, vitamin B1 and vitamin B2, which are some of the most essential nutrients for the human body!

One of the downsides to soursop is that it is found mostly in tropical countries, so it makes it difficult for those of us in the North West to reap the benefits of this sweet fruit. It doesn’t travel well as its flesh can be bruised quite easily, and needs to be maintained at a temperature above 3° Celsius. If the fruit is being juiced, then bottled and sold it is most likely pasteurized which will kill the majority of its healing properties anyways. The best way to have this fruit is fresh from the tree, or at least as close to that as possible. Some people have been able to grow soursop trees in Florida too, so there is hope for us up here in the North West. 😉

From what I have gathered, soursop appears to be quite amazing! If anyone is seriously thinking of using this fruit to treat or cure cancer I do strongly encourage everyone to do his or her own research on the matter and decide whether this is a good choice for you! This is one of the MANY natural cancer treatments are available to us today!

What if you could train happiness? Try FREE with Happify! Start personalized excerises based on your unique goals.

More From 'Health'

1. so true beautiful Alanna! pretty much anything in the cupboard!!(cinnamon/honey -Japan research/cures bone cancer!!! and we already know about basking soda/molasses!!! now soursoip-soursop-soursop!!!!<3

2. Apparently from other articles I have read on cancer and natural cures, it is all about creating a more alkaline ph in the body and we can do that easily through diet of course which is why something like the soursop fruit can work well. Interesting…….our diets are heavily biased towards creating too much acidity in our bodies so……….you all know what to do!

3. Serita MacLellan

you are exactly right Deby, Dr. Otto Warburg won the Nobel Prize in 1931 for discovering the cause of cancer which was acidic, low ph balance. Dr Otto Warburg won the Nobel Prize a few years later but Hitler would not allow him to accept it because he was a Jew. The world of science knows this, the drug companies certainly know this as does the medical world but ther eis so much money in the “Cure for Cancer” the Cancer Societies of North America and drug companies woud rise up and revolt,lol.

4. As a former cancer patient, I enjoyed soursop, I fact I craved it, “so far so good” is what my m.d.s are saying to me today (I am 80!).

• B Dulebohn

May I inquire – what kind of cancer??

• Meleana Wons

And where are you? America? Drinking it bottled is ridiculous.

• lynn

does anyone know how to get some of this?? I am a former cancer patient and would love to try this

• girl next door

if you want, just contact me in my email address ..i can supply guyabano or soursop because it is our business and we have trees planted in our farm.

• Faraz khan

Where is your email id?…. you didn’t mention it here…..i also want it for my fraiend’s father nd he also have became under the knife nd if can email me please you can sed me an email on this adrs (fakhan9673@gmail.com)

• Laura

Hi I’d be very interested on how to obtain the fruit I live in ohio

• Mike Raine

I would love to know more about your soursop. I had cancer seven years ago that took half of one side of my check off. After reconstruction surgery it looks good. My email is mraine@tampabay.rr.com. Thanks; Mike

• ezenyili Ifeoma

my name is bridget i live in the uk. is it possible to get these fruit when i return from my vacation. my email address is ezenyiliifeoma@yahoo.com. thanks

• I would like to get some of this for mt uncle he has cancer .how do i get some?my email blockhead1976@gmail.com

• Heather

What is your email address, I would be interested.

• Chris

What is your email address?

• Hi, i ‘m interested in Soursop plants.Live in India. Where are you? Prices and shipping costs please. Thank you

• Tiffonee

I live in Indiana and my mother is on her death bed according to the doctors where can i get this soursop ASAP?

• Anthony yay!!!!!! thats beautiful! and what a golden comment for the article!!

5. Hiryana Willis

I am from Peru and “soursoup” is not sour at ALL..in fact it’s very sweet and delicious. and although it is still an untouched fruit..when it comes to research…it has been known for many years, by the local, to have healing properties.

6. molly

In Israel this fruit is called ‘Anona’….it is sweet soft and delicious !!!

7. there has been over 40 years of research on this fruit and its extracts in many universities all funded by pharmaceutical companies……then buried because they couldn’t synthesize the extract in particular that acts like chemotherapy…

8. As a cancer patient, i’m working on healing my mind 24/7 and low acidic veggie food and “Guanabana” in (spanish) juice….any comments or advice..?

9. Im sorry but you are an imbecil and a moron. This article, like many similar to these are ignorant and add nothing, just are plain misinformation. I’m sure that you write this all jibberish and never – fortunatly – had any cancer patient in your family. And if you did, I’m sure that you didnt say “oh stop chemo, just eat a fruit from asia, is 10.000 stronger than chemo”. Very unfortunatly, I had someone in my famiy with cancer. Its painfull to see – and to them – to do chemo. Unfortunatly its the only “thread of hope” left, with results that are devastating to your body and soul – with no guarantees that will work. I’m sure that if eating a stupid fruit couple of times a day would be 10.000 times better, no one had to endure chemo by option. Stop posting this crap and open a food blog or whatever.

• i quess you still don’t know what it’s all about huh? Haven’t you read the article about the Phamaindustry.Big Pharma is an industry , just like the car industry.If we all wouldn’t need cars then the car industry breaks down.

• cheri prusak

it dose work in some people not everyone it depends on a few things sorry you have someone too that has cancer in your family it is sad to go through

• luby eric

soupsop is one of the best treatment of cancer.if cancer is detected earlry and you eat soupsop everyday 99% chances is that you will be cured. my grandmother had breast cancer and as you know its hard to treat and it very expensive cause am from kenya. she ate soupsop everyday.also what people dont knbow is that you can dry soupsop leaves then boil it and drink it everyday with your meal. just add honey in the soupsop drink. we have been brain washed to only think that chemo is the best the truth is that people are being treated with herbs and they are cured. ok back to my grandmother. so after drinking the soupsop water from its leaves and eating the fruit,nine months later cancer was gone. its a matter of being patient. also she ate spider plant leaves too.its ound mostly in east africa and its very nutritious and has alot of micronutrients. you combine those too and you became very health. so just try it and do your research well and you will find out that what am saying makes sense.

• Michele

when you are pointing a finger at someone calling them and imbecil and a moron, look at the 3 fingers that are pointing back at you. My son has had a rare cancer…sarcoma and was given 2 months to live 3 years ago. He has been the star patient at the N.C.I. for over a year being the only one who could tolerate their chemo or have the positive results he had as the others did not. My son is the only one who has also done natural alturnatives along with the mind body stuff along with hundreds involved with worldwide group meditation/ visualization group focused healings. So don’t go where you have no eduacated or first hand experience, by judging others or their techniques. If the government allowed the other techniques (Natural) they would be out of business and broke. For the benifit of your family member, do some other research.

• Chris

Lol, Who hasn’t had a family member with Cancer? My uncle died from lung cancer, a cousin from skin cancer, and my aunt recently. It hurts to realize the reality of the situation but Corporations are actually put in place for profit, not for cause. Any basic human with skills in arithmetic can see that Chemotherapy is more profitable than telling a person to eat healthier. Greed is killing us off. People are starting to realize this though. The times they are a changin’.

• Dustin

The author did not claim that it was 10,000 times better then chemo, and then to generalize and say that if it’s 10,000 times as good then it must be 10,000 times as bad is completely moronic on your part sir. That is like saying if 8 glasses of water are good – then 8 glasses of water must be bad….makes absolutely no sense. You bash the author for being an imbecile…then prove you are one as well by making stupid statements out of what I can only assume is anger. It sucks to lose someone or be losing someone to cancer…I am experiencing it as well, but venting on someone for simply posting an alternative healing method or approach is wrong. Grow up, think before you type. Besides, she simply stated it was possible that it could help cure cancer…and she never said it would cure cancer (she even emphasized the fact that no actual human tests had been done) or that everyone should rush out and do it. It is actually a very laid back and un-preachy article that may give someone hope. And hope is always better than anger.

10. In the Philippines, this is called “Babana” (visayas)from the Spanish “Guanabana”, and there’s a whole lot of them around here. XD The descriptions, as to taste, color, texture,downsides, are correct XD.

11. worldcitizen

While you are definitely right that chemo is very harmful and in fact the drugs are pure poison (I would never accept it for myself), this article is very simplistic and misleading. Believing that a single fruit is the cure to cancer is very naive (at best). There are many factors causing cancer and just as many ways how someone who has it can be healed. However, many people cannot be healed and will die from it. For example, if somebody has lung cancer due to heavy smoking there is no way this person could be healed eating this fruit because irreversible damage has been done to their respiratory tract. If you are giving all kinds of poison to your body for years or decades it is no wonder that it develops cancer. Of course, one could try to radically switch to a healthy diet and lifestyle but there is no guarantee that it will save the person. It would definitely be better than chemo but the claim that this fruit has 10,000 times the cancer fighting properties of chemo is utter nonsense (where did you even get that from?)!!! In fact, this would mean that it is 10,000 times more harmful than chemo (assuming that chemo is harmful) if you think about it. Eating this fruit is undoubtedly a very healthy and beneficial thing to do but what you are writing is simply completely exaggerated and posting exaggerated and misleading information certainly does not help our movement to unmask pharmaceutical companies for their similarly misleading practices. I completely agree that we need to reveal what big pharma is doing to people but this is not the right way because people will not believe us. So, please, do not post any articles for some time until you have come to terms with reality. And btw this also applies to a few articles by other authors on this site…

• Dustin

Please see my above response as it was meant to be directed at you as well. Are you kidding me? Assuming that chemo is harmful? We don’t have to assume. Chemo is the injection of toxic chemicals into a person’s body to kill cells…even healthy ones…where is the assumption? Look up the word cytotoxicity and study the effects of venomous bits from brown recluse spiders, then let me know if we can assume that chemo is bad. Terms with reality…..um, yeah.

• Kyle C

Dustin.. although I agree with everything you are saying about chemo and most of your other points, you’re bashing other people’s posts before you even read them. First of all, this article DID say this fruit was 10,000 times better than chemo… Secondly, World Citizen DID say chemo was harmful. Read the posts first man. You’re making yourself look like an uneducated ass by arguing a point someone didn’t even make.

• worldcitizen

You didn’t really read my comment did you? I say several times that i completely agree with her point that chemo is harmful. My comment actually starts with the words: “While you are definitely right that chemo is very harmful and in fact the drugs are pure poison (I would never accept it for myself)…”. But still this article suggesting that soursop can cure cancer and that it “is said to have 10,000 times the cancer fighting properties than chemotherapy” (look again, it is there!) is very misleading and my point is that making such insupportable claims does not help our movement to reveal chemo for what it is because people will not believe us. So please read what people write before making a comment!

12. watch the Gerson Miracle on Netflicks. They cure cancer and that is where I would go if I had cancer. I would never destroy my body with chemo :(