Sometimes you gotta do things just for fun and that’s what this list is about. Have any cool facts to add? Put them in the comments below and we will build a community section below these of other happy facts. Have fun!
1. 2013 is the first year since 1987 that consists of four different digits.
2. At the time of your birth, you were, for a few seconds, the youngest person on the planet.
3. If you spell out the numbers in order, the first time you get to the letter “a” is at one-thousand.
4. We’ve all been here forever. Every bit of matter we see has been here since the beginning of time and it always will be.
5. A monkey was once tried and convicted for smoking a cigarette in South Bend, Indiana.
6. Happiness is a skill. You can learn it and it’s not hard.
7. Except when breeding, the Common Swift spend their entire lives in the air, living on the insects they catch in flight. They drink, feed and often mate and sleep on the wing.
8. Baby rabbits are called kittens.
9. Baby puffins are called pufflings.
10. Costa Rica is statistically the happiest nation on Earth.
11. Worms communicate by snuggling.
12. If you blend a sea sponge, it will re-form back into a sea sponge.
13. The Beatles used the word “love” 613 times throughout their career.
14. Every year, millions of trees grow thanks to squirrels forgetting where they buried their nuts.
15. On the day of his assassination, Martin Luther King Jr. had a pillow-fight in his motel room.
16. The nitrogen in our DNA, the calcium in our teeth, the iron in our blood, the carbon in our apple pies were made in the interiors of collapsing stars. We’re all made of star dust.
17. The happier you are, the more antibodies your body generates – up to 50 percent more, in fact.
18. Penguins only have one mate their entire life and “propose” by giving their mate a pebble.
19. Cows have best friends.
20. Cuddling releases Oxytocin which helps speed healing and recovery from physical wounds.
21. Otters hold hands when sleeping so they don’t drift away from each other.
22. There’s a type of jellyfish that lives forever. Turritopsis nutricula
23. Wayne Allwine (the voice of Mickey Mouse) and Russi Taylor (the voice of Minnie Mouse) were married in real life.
24. We now have less crime, a lower death rate and longer life expectancy than at any other time in human history.
25. The clitoris has 8000 nerve fibres, double that of the penis, and is the only organ in the body which exists purely for pleasure.
26. Butterflies can taste with their feet.
27. For someone, somewhere in the world, today is the most amazing day of their life.
28. When you die, your body decomposes, and the atoms that contained “you” are recycled into Earth to be used again.
29. Every year the Netherlands sends 20,000 tulip bulbs to Canada to thank them for their aid in the Second World War.
30. Rats giggle when you tickle them. Their voices are so high-pitched you need special equipment to hear them, but when you do, their laughs are immediately evident.
31. Sea horses mate for life, are completely faithful and travel together by holding on to each others tails.
32. 32 facts were chosen instead of a number ending in 0 or 5 because we have the freedom to do things like that!
The Sacred Science follows eight people from around the world, with varying physical and psychological illnesses, as they embark on a one-month healing journey into the heart of the Amazon jungle.
You can watch this documentary film FREE for 10 days by clicking here.
"If “Survivor” was actually real and had stakes worth caring about, it would be what happens here, and “The Sacred Science” hopefully is merely one in a long line of exciting endeavors from this group." - Billy Okeefe, McClatchy Tribune