This Little Known Chinese Herb Kills 12,000 Cancer Cells For Every Healthy Cell

art

Today, odds are that you have had/have cancer, or know somebody who does. In Canada, approximately one million Canadians that were alive at the beginning of 2009 have had a cancer diagnosis in the previous 10 years. Two out of every five Canadians will develop cancer within their life time, and one in every four will die.(3) In the United States, one out of every two men, and one out of ever three women will become infected with cancer.

These rates have continued to skyrocket since we started recording them and more people are starting to ask questions and observe the environment we choose to surround ourselves with on a daily basis.

Despite these statistics, new research is emerging everyday that puts into question the only two approved treatments for cancer, which are radiation and chemotherapy. It seems we are approaching a time where the medical community will be forced to open up to new options when it comes to cancer treatment. After all, scientists have discovered that chemotherapy fuels cancer growth and kills the patient more quickly, yet nothing has been changed, both are extremely toxic to the human body.

A little known Chinese herb might be eligible for the growing list of cancer killers via alternative methods of treatment. According to  studies published  in Life Sciences, Cancer Letters and Anticancer Drugs, artemesinin, a derivative of the wormwood plant commonly used in Chinese medicine, can kill off  cancer cells, and do it at a rate of 12,000 cancer cells for every healthy cell. (0)

Henry Lai and his team of researchers from the University of Washington synthesized the compound, which uses a cancer cells appetite for iron to make them the target. The great thing about artemisinin is that alone it can selectively kill cancer cells while leaving normal cells unharmed.

“By itself, artemisinin is about 100 times more selective in killing cancer cells as opposed to normal cells. Artemisinin is 34,000 times more potent in killing the cancer cells as opposed to their normal cousins. So the tagging process appears to have greatly increased the potency of artemisinin’s cancer-killing properties.” - Henry Lai

Despite the compound being licensed to Holley Pharmaceuticals, it has yet to be used for cancer treatment in humans.

We call it a Trojan horse because the cancer cell recognizes transferrin as a natural, harmless protein. So the cell picks up the compound without knowing that a bomb (artemisinin) is hidden inside.”  – Henry Lai

The wormwood extract was used many centuries ago in China for healing purposes. The treatment became lost over time and has now been rediscovered thanks to an ancient manuscript containing medical remedies. It kills 12,000 cancer cells for every healthy cell, which means it could be turned into a drug with minimal side effects.

“The compound is currently being licensed by the University of Washington to Artemisia Biomedical Inc., a company that Lai, Sasaki and Narendra Singh, UW associate professor of bioengineering, founded in Newcastle, Washington for development and commercialization. Human trials are at least several years away. Artemisinin is readily available, Sasaki said, and he hopes their compound can eventually be cheaply manufactured to help cancer patients in developing countries.” (0)

The abstracts read:

“Artemisinin reacts with iron to form free radicals that kill cells. Since cancer cells uptake relatively larger amounts of iron than normal cells, they are more susceptible to the toxic effect of artemisinin. In previous research, we have shown that artemisinin is more drawn to cancer cells than to normal cells. In the present research, we covalently attached artemisinin to the iron-carying plasma glycoprotein transferrin.Transferrin is transported into the cells via receptor-mediated endocytosis and cancer cells express significantly more transferrin receptors on their cell surface and endocytose more transferrin than normal cells. Thus, we hypothesize that by tagging artemisinin to transferrin, both iron and artemisinin would be transported into cancer cells in one package. Once inside a cell, iron is released and can readily react with artemisinin close by tagged to the transferrin. This would enhance the toxicity and selectivity of artemisinin towards cancer cells. We found that holotransferrin-tagged artemisinin, when compared with artemisinin, was very potent and selective in killing cancer cells. Thus, this ‘tagged-compound’ could potentially be developed into an effective chemotherapeutic agent for cancer treatment.” (1)

Another abstract reads:

“Our results demonstrate that the artemisinin disruption of E2F1 transcription factor expression mediates the cell cycle arrest of human breast cancer cells and represents a critical transcriptional pathway by which artemisinin controls human reproductive cancer cell growth.” (2)

Artemisinin is currently FDA approved for the treatment of malaria, it’s very safe and easy to use. It’s inexpensive and works on all cancers but has yet to find it’s way into the mainstream. It’s really time to move beyond just radiation, surgery and chemotherapy for the treatment of cancer.

(0)http://www.washington.edu/news/2008/10/13/scientists-develop-new-cancer-killing-compound-from-salad-plant/(

1) http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/15642597

(2)http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/22185819

(3)http://www.cancer.ca/~/media/cancer.ca/CW/cancer%20information/cancer%20101/Canadian%20cancer%20statistics/canadian-cancer-statistics-2013-EN.pdf

——–

Build Your Own Off-Grid Greenhouse

greenhouseReady to change the way you grow your own food?

Check out The Greenhouse Of The Future full step-by-step builder’s guide. Includes an easy to follow DVD and Ebook to give you everything you need to take control of your food growth and help change the world.

Enter PROMO CODE: cole72h to save $10! (Offer Expires December 6th)

Check it out here!

Top Health Experts & Visionaries Speak Out About Food

What do Paul McCartney, Tony Robbins and Dr. Mark Hyman all have in common? They want you to know something important.

The big food companies tell us there’s nothing wrong with their products or their practices. But the truth is, something IS WRONG.

The Food Revolution Summit is a free summit where visionary voices come from around the world to speak about something that touches all of us: Food.

The summit begins April 25th so be sure to sign up for FREE now!

1. Big Pharma will spend millions of dollars so this treatment disappears.

2. I am interested in this, but the thought that it kills 1 healthy cell for every 12000 cancer cells worries me. THC (cannabinoids) do not damage healthy cells, yet induce Apoptosis in cancer cells.

3. arcticguy

Sasaki said, “He hopes their compound can eventually be cheaply manufactured to help cancer patients in developing countries.”

Three things:
    1. If you believe a pharmaceuticals company will manufacture and sell this product cheaply, then elephants can fly. Please, spare me.
    2. This patent, like others over the years, will be bought off by Big Pharma and buried.
    3. Why only cheaply in developing countries? Based on the rise of GMO foods in the US and Canada and the lousy eating habits of developed countries in general, we probably need this product cheaply as well.

4. Spanish Fly

Pharmaceutical companies do not create cures they create customers

5. Too generalized..

6. onespirit

Where can I get this in Canada? BTW, I don’t go to doctors.

7. Killing any abborrent growth (that is what Cancer is) is not the ends to the problem. One must detoxify the environment. You are a bio-mechanical machine. You change the oil in the car, filters, lube job, etc. All that comes down to enzymes, (spark plugs) nutrients, (fresh oil & gas) filters, (fresh air & exercise). I myself am only four years old. My expatiation date of Oct. 31st “09” from stage four Lymphoma, Praise God has come & gone. Save yourself!!!! R.

8. Giovanni

He says this product is used as treatment for maleria and had been appoved by the FDA, my questions are what is the name if the pill for maleria called in the US or Canada? And does anyone know what that might be called by drug company’s in New Zealand, or where I might get my hands on some of that plant Wormwood or the extract Artemesinin? Cheers

• Sheb

If you use the Malaria meds (off Label, of course), please let me know how it works. I would be that it will, however, in order to sell it, the pharmaceutical companies had to add to other things. A herb could not work alone, could it? — (most drugs, come from “discovered” herbs… :)

I used a mufti-approach…and I lived to tell about it, but I believe that prayer & artemisia was what cured me.

I would think that it would be easier to just by artemisia caps from a vitamin store.

Nutricology has pharmaceutical grade artemisia, which is very inexpensive. (under $20.00? which last for Months.) It is artemisia annua is what you want. Look up the protocol for using it ….if you are planning on using it. I found it very gently, but on the 3rd day, I ached all over. (die-off, I think????) After that, I felt very good. I also noticed that the first time I took it, I slept like a rock.

I am not advising anyone to do anything that I did, but I am only sharing what I did and what worked for me.
      “““ I used it years ago…and am still cured. “““`

Research – aremisia cancer …..and arteminisinin cancer .

You will be astonished with the amount of information that you will find. It worked for me. I used it….cycling 5 days on and 5-10 days off for a matter of months. I still use it occasionally as a preventive.

Oh, you can grow it, too. Just type in artemisia anna seeds. It smells great, but as a tea, taste horrible!

I think I finally figured out how or why a vegetarian / vegan diet works. It is because it starves out the iron in your body.

cancer Loves iron, and the cancer cells Must have a good amount of iron to replicate the cancer DNA. If you have time, I think that this would have worked for me….and I did start juicing, but I love meat, and did not want to give it up.

I also started drinking reverse osmosis water that had the minerals put back into to it. I found an 8 stage filter setup on Ebay for around $150.00. If you don’t have money to spend for one, you could go to a local health food store or even use a pure water filter. ???

Juicing & upping nutrition is great, but the Artemisia was very fast for me.
      It is very selective, only killing the Iron-ladden, cancer cells, and not the good ones. Current chemo kills good cells and bad.

…and many are cured by simple baking soda. It is because cancer lives in an acidic environment?

I read that chemo only cures less than 3% of cancers. I was told that because the chemo drugs are so toxic, that they use baking soda to buffer the solution. Could it be that the Baking Soda raises the PH…and that is why a few get healed? …and I read that 25% of cancers “spontaneously” disappear. WHY? Perhaps better nutrition and crying out to God? In the Bible Hezekiah did that, and
      God added 15 years to his life. Perhaps I have more questions than answers.

Also, be aware that our foods are Loaded with iron. Just look at a box of cereal. They are often fortified with 90% of you Iron requirements for a day. Who only eats 1/2 to 3/4 a cup of cereal per serving? I don’t over eat, but when I used to eat a bowl of cereal, I got a giant mixing bowl! So, at my first meal, I had at least 4-5 times my iron for the day. Then add meat, cooking in an iron skillet, and etc, and you have “iron overload.”

If you are young, growing, or still menstruating, you can probably handle the extra iron.

Have you ever noticed that many men’s vitamins do not contain iron?

,,,and could this “iron overload” be the reason why so many women are diagnosed with cancer during or after menopause?

I also bought a cheap roll of PH tape and found I was very acidic. I used the baking soda / maple syrup cancer remedy to correct this, along with a few tablespoons of asparagus puree. Both of these things will bring your PH balance in range in a matter of hours.

This is what I did….I called out to GOD!!!! Help.
      AND…
      ..clean water…as much juicing as I could stand …1 glass per day….ate veggies…little sugar….NO diet stuff… No artificial sweetner…Used olive oil or butter…eggs…found a cheap fresh milk
      supply….cut out iron enriched foods…. no pop…ate a cow. l0;)
      ….every now and then ate a few apricot seeds.

used baking soda & asparagus to keep ph alkaline.
      ….and cycled Artemisia.

& as for cannabis? I bet it works, too…the studies done in the 60’s with kids with brain cancer was an interesting read. (If I had known about it…I probably would have added MAF-878 yougurt to boost my immune system.)

….and found bible healing scriptures to stand on. I read them out loud every day …until one day, they were a part of me. By the way…. God’s word and cures are easy to be entreated…and simple. All of these things that I did cost next to nothing.

my advice….(it’s free!)

.Find God through Jesus Christ. What do you have to lose by calling on the One True Living God? ,,,and ask Him to show You what to do. & don’t fear for He will be with you.

Hope this give you food for thought….

God Bless,
        … Do you still take Artimisa ? is its common name worm wood herb, do you take it in caps form or tea?
        Ebi

• I think you will find the plant readily available as the Chinese herb Qing Hao also known as Sweet Annie and the latin name is Artimesia annua. Generally for malaria it is used after you are infected The WHO generally distributes I believe the name is something like Artimesin

• johnsonfamily2

Thanks Bob Lind for giving us both the genus and species which, apparently, the authors of the article don’t think we need to be bothered with knowing. Of the many species of Artemesia occuring around the world, this is one of the most common, but the authors insist that it is “little known” evidently for the purpose of selling you some at a hugely inflated price. You’ll learn a lot more from the Wikipedia entry, e.g. “Artemisia annua, also known as sweet wormwood, sweet annie, sweet sagewort or annual wormwood (Chinese: 青蒿; pinyin: qīnghāo), is a common type of wormwood native to temperate Asia, but naturalized throughout the world.”

Can artemesin be extracted from other species of Artemesia (named for the god Artemis) such as the ubiquitous California Sage (Artemis californica)? Well now, that would be something to know, but again, our authors insist on treating us as the ill-informed, poorly educated denizens of the nation that we have become. The important thing that the writers want to get across is that it’s an oh-so-“centuries-old” (and mysterious) Chinese remedy that will likely cost you a lot of money.

• Joann

Artemesia absinthium is wormwood…Sweet Annie is not wormwood. Wormwood is used to make
        absinthe.

• Joann, the article is based on some pubmed research (links provided at the end of the article above.) they mistakenly ID this plant as wormwood, but the extraction correctly …the extraction (which is not the same as the herb) is sweet wormwood Artimesia annua.

9. Nancy Voisey

Can you tell me if this herb can pass through the blood brain barrier to treat Glioblastoma Multiforme or GBM – a type of brain cancer?

10. geurtsen van heezik

Waarom zulk goed nieuws in het nederlands! Er ont ga mij best veel ditails en vind dat jammer het leest moeilijk !

11. Where is this herb plants available in india

12. IS THIS PLANT AVAILABLE IN SYDNEY AUSTRALIA…

13. Why the medical journal is still waiting to announce if, this kind of herbal medicine is available to cure cancer, and can save some millions of lives.? what is the reason. And why not it is telecast in NGC or Discovery-Medical programs about these kind of herbs. Thanks for a vital life saving information.
    Hope the day will come soon all the deceases in this world will vanish very soon. God bless all. Thanks.

• because Pharma is a profit game. There is no interest in curing cancer.. There’s too much money in it.

• debbie

amen u are exactly right

14. The big drug companies don’t want to lose the billions of dollars they make selling bogus treatments like chemo. So they force alternative treatment to be hidden or banned!

• anonymous

Alternative treatments doesn’t exist. Neither alternative medecine. Stop using those words. If it works and is based on well-grounded researches, it’s medecine : real treatment. Anything that call itself “alternative” IS bogus. The minute it’s proven, it stops being alternative. So yeah.

• “Alternative” just means outside of the mainstream or is not covered by insurance, that’s all. Don’t get all excited over a word; it does have its usefulness.

• No point raining on some-ones parade, where there is hope, there is always opportunity. Problem always come when bit company say they find the material, funny that. Plant grows in nature, they make product in laboratory. Maybe I rather the real stuff, not the manufactured.

• Justin

I hope that people wouldn’t be so evil as to deny treatment to those who desperately need it, but sadly I wouldn’t be surprised if that was true.

• Debbie

its all politics and as u can see our govt doesn’t give a shit about us!~~all about the all mighty dollar everyone is making off chemo and radiation all the way to the white house!!

15. we have it in South Africa

16. But how is it used in the treatment? Orally and if so, which form is best? It grows wild all over our area. I have tons of it in my cow pasture!

• Jenne

The photo looks a lot like poison hemlock- so please be careful and don’t ingest THAT as it is extremely poisonous.

• Darlene Deily

I’ll buy some of it. contact me on facebook. Darlene Deily

17. Bill

Can I just drink absinthe (made with wormwood)?

• You can, but abstinthe has very little concentration of wormwood in it.

• Leon

No, wrong plant. Wormwood (Artemisia absinthium) is where you get absinthe from while Chinese Wormwood (Artemisia annua) is the plant that is useful for malaria and cancer.

• hmm, but people have long been using western wormwood for cancer too. how do u know there are big differences? the article was speaking of the traditional chinese practice of deriving the active ingredient from wormwood, but didn’t say the western plant wouldn’t have it.

• TMarchev

I take that two months and my health is perfect !!! http://www.iherb.com/doctor-s-best-best-artemisinin-100-mg-90-veggie-caps/7592?rcode=pvt821 Very good product with most strong herb in the world!

18. Tarun

My Dad has prostate Cancer Does it work for him and were it will be available

19. TMarchev

20. Reply
  21. Why is it that no one can ,tell us where to get this herb.,

• You can buy artemesinin tablets at amazon.com

• Renee

look up Super Artemisinin….at least that’s what I’m seeing as from what I understand there is 200 different types of this. I guess the type here is Artemisia anna L. That’s the pill form. I’m not sure I would trust the baul teas etc off the net.

• Beate

Search for Wormwood om Google, and you will fine tinctures for sale.

• Francesco Corrleone

You mean Wormwood tincture has Artemisinin…?

22. Annie

I started my dog on it when he developed osteosarcoma, but it was too late for him. And the cancer was too aggressive and fast-moving. But I bought it from Holley Pharmaceuticals.

• Mindy

How did you find out how to use it. Would you use b it on a human family member?? Can you give me any information you have on it & his to use, please email me info you may have for me mincolo53@gmail.com. Thank n you. My husband had tongue cancer had surgery & Chemo & Radiation twice, nothing else works, they are scheduling surgery to remove his tongue where tumor is in base of Tongue. Please I would appreciate any info. Urgent!!

23. Lori

Sometimes there are essential questions being asked and here is never a reply- why? Seems like you care about people, but you never offer an answer to any of them.