This Little Known Chinese Herb Kills 12,000 Cancer Cells For Every Healthy Cell

art

Today, odds are that you have had/have cancer, or know somebody who does. In Canada, approximately one million Canadians that were alive at the beginning of 2009 have had a cancer diagnosis in the previous 10 years. Two out of every five Canadians will develop cancer within their life time, and one in every four will die.(3) In the United States, one out of every two men, and one out of ever three women will become infected with cancer.

These rates have continued to skyrocket since we started recording them and more people are starting to ask questions and observe the environment we choose to surround ourselves with on a daily basis.

Despite these statistics, new research is emerging everyday that puts into question the only two approved treatments for cancer, which are radiation and chemotherapy. It seems we are approaching a time where the medical community will be forced to open up to new options when it comes to cancer treatment. After all, scientists have discovered that chemotherapy fuels cancer growth and kills the patient more quickly, yet nothing has been changed, both are extremely toxic to the human body.

A little known Chinese herb might be eligible for the growing list of cancer killers via alternative methods of treatment. According to  studies published  in Life Sciences, Cancer Letters and Anticancer Drugs, artemesinin, a derivative of the wormwood plant commonly used in Chinese medicine, can kill off  cancer cells, and do it at a rate of 12,000 cancer cells for every healthy cell. (0)

Henry Lai and his team of researchers from the University of Washington synthesized the compound, which uses a cancer cells appetite for iron to make them the target. The great thing about artemisinin is that alone it can selectively kill cancer cells while leaving normal cells unharmed.

“By itself, artemisinin is about 100 times more selective in killing cancer cells as opposed to normal cells. Artemisinin is 34,000 times more potent in killing the cancer cells as opposed to their normal cousins. So the tagging process appears to have greatly increased the potency of artemisinin’s cancer-killing properties.” – Henry Lai

Despite the compound being licensed to Holley Pharmaceuticals, it has yet to be used for cancer treatment in humans.

We call it a Trojan horse because the cancer cell recognizes transferrin as a natural, harmless protein. So the cell picks up the compound without knowing that a bomb (artemisinin) is hidden inside.”  – Henry Lai

The wormwood extract was used many centuries ago in China for healing purposes. The treatment became lost over time and has now been rediscovered thanks to an ancient manuscript containing medical remedies. It kills 12,000 cancer cells for every healthy cell, which means it could be turned into a drug with minimal side effects.

“The compound is currently being licensed by the University of Washington to Artemisia Biomedical Inc., a company that Lai, Sasaki and Narendra Singh, UW associate professor of bioengineering, founded in Newcastle, Washington for development and commercialization. Human trials are at least several years away. Artemisinin is readily available, Sasaki said, and he hopes their compound can eventually be cheaply manufactured to help cancer patients in developing countries.” (0)

The abstracts read:

“Artemisinin reacts with iron to form free radicals that kill cells. Since cancer cells uptake relatively larger amounts of iron than normal cells, they are more susceptible to the toxic effect of artemisinin. In previous research, we have shown that artemisinin is more drawn to cancer cells than to normal cells. In the present research, we covalently attached artemisinin to the iron-carying plasma glycoprotein transferrin.Transferrin is transported into the cells via receptor-mediated endocytosis and cancer cells express significantly more transferrin receptors on their cell surface and endocytose more transferrin than normal cells. Thus, we hypothesize that by tagging artemisinin to transferrin, both iron and artemisinin would be transported into cancer cells in one package. Once inside a cell, iron is released and can readily react with artemisinin close by tagged to the transferrin. This would enhance the toxicity and selectivity of artemisinin towards cancer cells. We found that holotransferrin-tagged artemisinin, when compared with artemisinin, was very potent and selective in killing cancer cells. Thus, this ‘tagged-compound’ could potentially be developed into an effective chemotherapeutic agent for cancer treatment.” (1)

Another abstract reads:

“Our results demonstrate that the artemisinin disruption of E2F1 transcription factor expression mediates the cell cycle arrest of human breast cancer cells and represents a critical transcriptional pathway by which artemisinin controls human reproductive cancer cell growth.” (2)

Artemisinin is currently FDA approved for the treatment of malaria, it’s very safe and easy to use. It’s inexpensive and works on all cancers but has yet to find it’s way into the mainstream. It’s really time to move beyond just radiation, surgery and chemotherapy for the treatment of cancer.

(0)http://www.washington.edu/news/2008/10/13/scientists-develop-new-cancer-killing-compound-from-salad-plant/(

1) http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/15642597

(2)http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/22185819

(3)http://www.cancer.ca/~/media/cancer.ca/CW/cancer%20information/cancer%20101/Canadian%20cancer%20statistics/canadian-cancer-statistics-2013-EN.pdf

——–

Build Your Own Off-Grid Greenhouse

greenhouseReady to change the way you grow your own food?

Check out The Greenhouse Of The Future full step-by-step builder’s guide. Includes an easy to follow DVD and Ebook to give you everything you need to take control of your food growth and help change the world.

Enter PROMO CODE: cole72h to save $10! (Offer Expires December 6th)

Check it out here!

1. Big Pharma will spend millions of dollars so this treatment disappears.

• Good news is that it grows so easily, you can take control and stuff the pharmaceuticals , otherwise known as South Africa as Wormwood

• hak

it’s not too hard to imagine a scenario where big pharma would be willing to spend millions to demonize a plant that is helpful and easy to grow to protect profits…

• not worm wood…this is Sweet Annie, Artimesia annua related to worm wood but different species and has very different effect on the body

• Aaron

*sigh*…..I was thinking the same thing

2. I am interested in this, but the thought that it kills 1 healthy cell for every 12000 cancer cells worries me. THC (cannabinoids) do not damage healthy cells, yet induce Apoptosis in cancer cells.

3. arcticguy

Sasaki said, “He hopes their compound can eventually be cheaply manufactured to help cancer patients in developing countries.”

Three things:
    1. If you believe a pharmaceuticals company will manufacture and sell this product cheaply, then elephants can fly. Please, spare me.
    2. This patent, like others over the years, will be bought off by Big Pharma and buried.
    3. Why only cheaply in developing countries? Based on the rise of GMO foods in the US and Canada and the lousy eating habits of developed countries in general, we probably need this product cheaply as well.

• The point is people from developed countries can travel to these other countries where you usually get a visa for at least a month. Therefore, you can go to those clinics and get treated.

4. Spanish Fly

Pharmaceutical companies do not create cures they create customers

5. Too generalized..

6. onespirit

Where can I get this in Canada? BTW, I don’t go to doctors.

• eva

You should be able to buy it in every health store, usually in form of herbal tea. In Poland wormwood was commonly used to treat liver and stomach illness. Whenever I had nausea and was vomiting my grandma was makina a wormwood tea for me. It was disgusting and very bitter but was always helping.

• it is not used to prevent cancer but potentially to treat it….if you don’t go to doctors then please go see an herbalist or someone who can look at what your unique needs are….don’t rely on the internet and generic articles by people who don’t even know anything about what they are writing about to get your health care

7. Killing any abborrent growth (that is what Cancer is) is not the ends to the problem. One must detoxify the environment. You are a bio-mechanical machine. You change the oil in the car, filters, lube job, etc. All that comes down to enzymes, (spark plugs) nutrients, (fresh oil & gas) filters, (fresh air & exercise). I myself am only four years old. My expatiation date of Oct. 31st “09” from stage four Lymphoma, Praise God has come & gone. Save yourself!!!! R.

8. Giovanni

He says this product is used as treatment for maleria and had been appoved by the FDA, my questions are what is the name if the pill for maleria called in the US or Canada? And does anyone know what that might be called by drug company’s in New Zealand, or where I might get my hands on some of that plant Wormwood or the extract Artemesinin? Cheers

• Sheb

If you use the Malaria meds (off Label, of course), please let me know how it works. I would be that it will, however, in order to sell it, the pharmaceutical companies had to add to other things. A herb could not work alone, could it? — (most drugs, come from “discovered” herbs… :)

I used a mufti-approach…and I lived to tell about it, but I believe that prayer & artemisia was what cured me.

I would think that it would be easier to just by artemisia caps from a vitamin store.

Nutricology has pharmaceutical grade artemisia, which is very inexpensive. (under $20.00? which last for Months.) It is artemisia annua is what you want. Look up the protocol for using it ….if you are planning on using it. I found it very gently, but on the 3rd day, I ached all over. (die-off, I think????) After that, I felt very good. I also noticed that the first time I took it, I slept like a rock.

I am not advising anyone to do anything that I did, but I am only sharing what I did and what worked for me.
      “““ I used it years ago…and am still cured. “““`

Research – aremisia cancer …..and arteminisinin cancer .

You will be astonished with the amount of information that you will find. It worked for me. I used it….cycling 5 days on and 5-10 days off for a matter of months. I still use it occasionally as a preventive.

Oh, you can grow it, too. Just type in artemisia anna seeds. It smells great, but as a tea, taste horrible!

I think I finally figured out how or why a vegetarian / vegan diet works. It is because it starves out the iron in your body.

cancer Loves iron, and the cancer cells Must have a good amount of iron to replicate the cancer DNA. If you have time, I think that this would have worked for me….and I did start juicing, but I love meat, and did not want to give it up.

I also started drinking reverse osmosis water that had the minerals put back into to it. I found an 8 stage filter setup on Ebay for around $150.00. If you don’t have money to spend for one, you could go to a local health food store or even use a pure water filter. ???

Juicing & upping nutrition is great, but the Artemisia was very fast for me.
      It is very selective, only killing the Iron-ladden, cancer cells, and not the good ones. Current chemo kills good cells and bad.

…and many are cured by simple baking soda. It is because cancer lives in an acidic environment?

I read that chemo only cures less than 3% of cancers. I was told that because the chemo drugs are so toxic, that they use baking soda to buffer the solution. Could it be that the Baking Soda raises the PH…and that is why a few get healed? …and I read that 25% of cancers “spontaneously” disappear. WHY? Perhaps better nutrition and crying out to God? In the Bible Hezekiah did that, and
      God added 15 years to his life. Perhaps I have more questions than answers.

Also, be aware that our foods are Loaded with iron. Just look at a box of cereal. They are often fortified with 90% of you Iron requirements for a day. Who only eats 1/2 to 3/4 a cup of cereal per serving? I don’t over eat, but when I used to eat a bowl of cereal, I got a giant mixing bowl! So, at my first meal, I had at least 4-5 times my iron for the day. Then add meat, cooking in an iron skillet, and etc, and you have “iron overload.”

If you are young, growing, or still menstruating, you can probably handle the extra iron.

Have you ever noticed that many men’s vitamins do not contain iron?

,,,and could this “iron overload” be the reason why so many women are diagnosed with cancer during or after menopause?

I also bought a cheap roll of PH tape and found I was very acidic. I used the baking soda / maple syrup cancer remedy to correct this, along with a few tablespoons of asparagus puree. Both of these things will bring your PH balance in range in a matter of hours.

This is what I did….I called out to GOD!!!! Help.
      AND…
      ..clean water…as much juicing as I could stand …1 glass per day….ate veggies…little sugar….NO diet stuff… No artificial sweetner…Used olive oil or butter…eggs…found a cheap fresh milk
      supply….cut out iron enriched foods…. no pop…ate a cow. l0;)
      ….every now and then ate a few apricot seeds.

used baking soda & asparagus to keep ph alkaline.
      ….and cycled Artemisia.

& as for cannabis? I bet it works, too…the studies done in the 60’s with kids with brain cancer was an interesting read. (If I had known about it…I probably would have added MAF-878 yougurt to boost my immune system.)

….and found bible healing scriptures to stand on. I read them out loud every day …until one day, they were a part of me. By the way…. God’s word and cures are easy to be entreated…and simple. All of these things that I did cost next to nothing.

my advice….(it’s free!)

.Find God through Jesus Christ. What do you have to lose by calling on the One True Living God? ,,,and ask Him to show You what to do. & don’t fear for He will be with you.

Hope this give you food for thought….

• Hello. Thanks for sharing all this interesting info! Re: 8 stage filter set up, can you tell me brand/product name? Thank you. Heidi

• Michelle

What is your preventative dose that you take?

God Bless,
        … Do you still take Artimisa ? is its common name worm wood herb, do you take it in caps form or tea?
        Ebi

• I think you will find the plant readily available as the Chinese herb Qing Hao also known as Sweet Annie and the latin name is Artimesia annua. Generally for malaria it is used after you are infected The WHO generally distributes I believe the name is something like Artimesin

• johnsonfamily2

Thanks Bob Lind for giving us both the genus and species which, apparently, the authors of the article don’t think we need to be bothered with knowing. Of the many species of Artemesia occuring around the world, this is one of the most common, but the authors insist that it is “little known” evidently for the purpose of selling you some at a hugely inflated price. You’ll learn a lot more from the Wikipedia entry, e.g. “Artemisia annua, also known as sweet wormwood, sweet annie, sweet sagewort or annual wormwood (Chinese: 青蒿; pinyin: qīnghāo), is a common type of wormwood native to temperate Asia, but naturalized throughout the world.”

Can artemesin be extracted from other species of Artemesia (named for the god Artemis) such as the ubiquitous California Sage (Artemis californica)? Well now, that would be something to know, but again, our authors insist on treating us as the ill-informed, poorly educated denizens of the nation that we have become. The important thing that the writers want to get across is that it’s an oh-so-“centuries-old” (and mysterious) Chinese remedy that will likely cost you a lot of money.

• carmen rosa zambrano

I live in North Hollywood Ca. and i have artimesia plants and i have just because i love the smell. but I didn’t know it’s good for cancer .

• Joann

Artemesia absinthium is wormwood…Sweet Annie is not wormwood. Wormwood is used to make
        absinthe.

• Joann, the article is based on some pubmed research (links provided at the end of the article above.) they mistakenly ID this plant as wormwood, but the extraction correctly …the extraction (which is not the same as the herb) is sweet wormwood Artimesia annua.

9. Nancy Voisey

Can you tell me if this herb can pass through the blood brain barrier to treat Glioblastoma Multiforme or GBM – a type of brain cancer?

• Michael

Unfortunately, no. GBM is an incurable carcinoma, and kills very quickly, usually within 6 months of diagnosis without any treatments, but some added time can be given if treated with Gliadel chemotherapy discs that are surgically implanted directly in the tumor bed after debulking the tumor. I know this for fact, as Neurosurgery was my Specialty as an RN Clinical Specialist in the Operating Room. I was Team Leader, and was responsible for making sure that Gliadel was in our OR Pharmacy for scheduled GBM craniotomy patients. Terrible, terrible disease, and diagnosis. ALL of us were saddened when Our Patient was diagnosed with this. My prayers for whomever has this amongst your loved ones. May GOD Heal, Comfort, and Bless!