“I’m not going to change the way I look or the way I feel to conform to anything. I’ve always been a freak. So I’ve been a freak all my life and I have to live with that, you know. I’m one of those people.” – John Lennon.advertisement - learn more
John Lennon, the renowned Beatles legend who wrote many of the band’s most famous songs was still a very private person regardless of his fame. On the day of October 9th, it would have been his 74th birthday if he wasn’t assassinated on December 8, 1980.
John Lennon was the one who said:
“Count your age by friends, not years. Count your life by smiles, not tears.”
The positive and open-minded personality of John Lennon can’t be forgotten, as well as his spirit, which was full of love.
Lennon had a special life, full of hope and joy. We may spend much of our time hearing and repeating his songs without knowing the real person behind them. Here are some facts and quotes to remember about John.
1. The Harmonica Was The First Instrument John Learned To Play
“We’ve got this gift of love, but love is like a precious plant. You can’t just accept it and leave it in the cupboard or just think it’s going to get on by itself. You’ve got to keep watering it. You’ve got to really look after it and nurture it.”
2. John Liked To Sleep In
“It doesn’t matter how long my hair is or what color my skin is or whether I’m a woman or a man.”
3. The B-52’s Were his Favorite Band Of All Time
“Love is the flower you’ve got to let grow.”
4. He Discovered Later That He Was Suffering From Dyslexia
5. He Disliked His Own Singing Voice And Was Dissatisfied With All The Beatles’ Records
“What we’ve got to do is keep hope alive. Because without it we’ll sink.”
6. The Location Of His Cremated Remains Is Unknown
“Music is everybody’s possession. It’s only publishers who think that people own it.”
7. His Last Photo Shows Him Signing A Copy Of Double Fantasy To His Killer: Mark David Chapman.
“Imagine all the people living life in peace. You may say I’m a dreamer, but I’m not the only one. I hope someday you’ll join us, and the world will be as one.”
8. He Loved Cats, He Has Owned As Many As Six At A Time
“If everyone demanded peace instead of another television set, then there’d be peace.”
9. He Was Hurt And Began To Eat Much Less After A Reporter Labeled Him “The Fat Beatle.”
“Possession isn’t nine-tenths of the law. It’s nine-tenths of the problem.”
10. Lennon Would Drink 20 To 30 Cups Of Tea Or Coffee Every Day
“Our society is run by insane people for insane objectives. I think we’re being run by maniacs for maniacal ends and I think I’m liable to be put away as insane for expressing that. That’s what’s insane about it.”
11. He Was The One Who Collected Beatles Memorabilia. One Of His Favorite Pieces Was A Set Of Beatles Dolls Given To Him By Elton John
12. He Hated His Nose
“The postman wants an autograph. The cab driver wants a picture. The waitress wants a handshake. Everyone wants a piece of you.”
13. Lennon Was Also A Boy Scout
“I believe in everything until it’s disproved. So I believe in fairies, the myths, dragons. It all exists, even if it’s in your mind. Who’s to say that dreams and nightmares aren’t as real as the here and now?”
14. All The Beatles Eventually Became Full-Time Vegetarians Except For John
“It was like being in the eye of a hurricane. You’d wake up in a concert and think, Wow, how did I get here?”
15. He Was The Only Beatle Who Didn’t Become A Full-Time Vegetarian
“If someone thinks that peace and love are just a cliché that must have been left behind in the 60s, that’s a problem. Peace and love are eternal.”
16. Monopoly Was One Of His Favorite Games
17. Without His Glasses, He Was Almost Blind
“Part of me suspects that I’m a loser, and the other part of me thinks I’m God Almighty.”
18. “All You Need Is Love” Is The Best Lyric He Ever Wrote
“All we are saying is give peace a chance.”
19. On November 9, 1967, He Appeared On The First Ever Cover Of Rolling Stone Magazine
“My role in society, or any artist’s or poet’s role, is to try and express what we all feel. Not to tell people how to feel. Not as a preacher, not as a leader, but as a reflection of us all.”
20. He Was The Last Beatle To Learn How To Drive
“Happiness is just how you feel when you don’t feel miserable.”
21. John Had Said Several Times That He’d Rather Have Been A Member Of Monty Python Than The Beatles
22. He Was Expelled From School For Misbehaviour At Age 5
“The basic thing nobody asks is why do people take drugs of any sort? Why do we have these accessories to normal living to live? I mean, is there something wrong with society that’s making us so pressurized, that we cannot live without guarding ourselves against it?”
23. Yoko Ono, His Wife, Didn’t Know John Was A Beatle When They First Met
“Love is the answer, and you know that for sure; Love is a flower, you’ve got to let it grow.”
24. John And Yoko Had A Psychic On Their Staff To Advise Them On Business Deals
“Everything is clearer when you’re in love.”
25. Bob Dylan Was The person Who Introduced Marijuana To Lennon And The Rest Of The Beatles
“You either get tired fighting for peace, or you die.”
Over 150,000 people have participated in the 5 Days of You Challenge helping bring them inward, gain clarity on who they are, why they are here, and what is next for them...
Watch the daily videos, complete the worksheets, and enter to win a trip to Toronto to meet the CE team at their Luminous Retreat Centre.
Change starts within. Are You Ready?Click here to register for free!