When you’re in business or working on a creative project, inspiration is the fuel that keeps you going even when you’re tired, unmotivated, or simply need a little pick-me up. Here are 10 of my favourite motivational quotes – I hope they inspire you to keep going and take action on your dreams.
1.“Today I will do what others won’t so that that tomorrow I can accomplish what others can’t.” – Jerry Rice
This is particularly helpful on the days when you’re just not in the mood to work or feel uninspired, but at the same time are well rested and have no real reason to take the day off. It’s times like these that doing the work is paramount to becoming the person you want to be. For example, if you say you want to write a book, make sure to do whatever it takes (such as create a writing schedule/wake up early/etc.) in order to be the person you want to be — a published author.
2. “If you get the inside right, the outside will fall into place.” – Eckhart Tolle
This is the alchemy of doing inner work and watching your life fall into place.
3. “No = Next. Opportunity.” – Nate Carr
Because in life, you can’t let a “No” or a failure break you down. Keep going towards the next opportunity.
4.“Find out what your destiny is and the river will carry you.” – from the movie The Men Who Stare at Goats
You may have already experienced this: when you find yourself on track and heading in the right direction everything seems to flow harmoniously, and even challenges take on a quality of ease.
5. “In those moments when priorities clash always stay guided by your values, not your perceived necessities.” – Adam Braun, from Promise of a Pencil
Values are the cornerstone of making decisions with integrity. Whenever you have a decision to make or are presented with an opportunity, simply ask: does this opportunity bring you closer or further away from your core values? This ensures you won’t get swayed by shiny exteriors and will help you make the right choice every time.
6. “Starting a business is not really simply about starting a business, it’s about discovering and walking your own unique path in this life.” – Rizwan Virk, from Zen Entrepreneurship
If you’ve ever thought about going to school for personal development: start a business. Business will test you on every level of your being and grow you into a stronger person than you ever imagined.
7. “Life is made up of the small choices you make from moment to moment.” – Mark Divine, founder of SEALFIT
Basically – don’t wait for a lucky break. Don’t wait to be in the mood to get to work. Don’t wait for the “right” timing. Take action now, because everything you do adds up, and everything matters.
8. “Don’t go through life, grow through life.” – Eric Butterworth
In every moment we have a choice — and we can always choose to be students of life: to actively and consciously learn and grow from every moment.
9. “A goal is not always meant to be reached, it often serves simply as something to aim at.” – Bruce Lee
This is why it’s good to dream big. Dream bigger than you think you can reach. Remember your dream is a direction.
10. “All that matters in business is that you get it right once. Then everyone can tell you how lucky you are.” – Mark Cuban
This is pure gold. It’s easy to see success around you and think that you’re not cut out to be an entrepreneur or are just plain unlucky. You may feel that your dreams are out of reach. The truth is — most successful people have failed multiple times. So give yourself permission to fail, experiment, and learn as you go.
Now it’s your turn: Add to the list! Share your favorite quote in the comments below.
The Sacred Science follows eight people from around the world, with varying physical and psychological illnesses, as they embark on a one-month healing journey into the heart of the Amazon jungle.
You can watch this documentary film FREE for 10 days by clicking here.
"If “Survivor” was actually real and had stakes worth caring about, it would be what happens here, and “The Sacred Science” hopefully is merely one in a long line of exciting endeavors from this group." - Billy Okeefe, McClatchy Tribune