Chickpeas (aka garbanzo beans) are the main ingredient for this nutritious, wholesome snack! Like most legumes, chickpeas have long been renowned for their fiber content, and they also make a great vegan protein source. They are a staple in Indian and Middle Eastern cuisine, and for good reason. They’re cheap, nutritious, and keep you feeling full long after you’ve eaten.
Simple Roasted Chickpeas
1 Can Garbanzo Beans, drained and rinsed (You can also use chickpeas that have been previously cooked.)
1 Tbsp. Olive Oil
½ Tsp. Garlic Powder
½ Tsp. Onion Powder
Dash of Cayenne Pepper
¼ Tsp. Sea Salt
- Drain and rinse chickpeas.
- Lay chickpeas out on kitchen towel or paper towel and dry off as much excess water as possible.
- Drizzle with oil.
- Sprinkle with salt.
- Place in oven preheated to 400° F.
- Bake for 15 minutes, roll around, then bake for 15 more.
This yummy little treat can be eaten as is, or sprinkled on top of salads or soups! Feel free to try out different flavor combos like: salt & vinegar, curry, paprika, or whatever you like.
Cook Your Own Chickpeas
We all know that buying organic, BPA free cans of chickpeas can be pretty costly. Although it is very convenient, it is also simple to soak and cook your own using dried, raw chickpeas. These are much more economical and you can get them organic for cheaper, use your own filtered water, and even limit the salt content!
- Soak dried chickpeas for 8-12 hours or overnight.
- Use ½ cup of dried chickpeas to yield 1 ½ cups of cooked chickpeas.
- Fill large pot with filtered water and add chickpeas and a bay leaf or 2.
- Bring to boil and then let simmer for 1 hour and 15 minutes to 1 hour and 30 minutes. Chickpeas should be soft, but still a little firm.
- Add ½ tsp. of sea salt for every ½ cup dried chickpeas that were added. Let cool for at least half of an hour.
- Scoop 1 ½ cups of cooked and cooled chickpeas into freezer safe container along with half a cup of the liquid the peas were cooked in.
- Freeze for up to 3 months. When ready to consume, let thaw and rinse before use. Each container should be the equivalent of 1 can of cooked chickpeas.
Your life path number can tell you A LOT about you.
With the ancient science of Numerology you can find out accurate and revealing information just from your name and birth date.
Get your free numerology reading and learn more about how you can use numerology in your life to find out more about your path and journey. Get Your free reading.