I jumped on Facebook to start my morning routine of checking headlines and catching up with what’s going on in the world, only to discover that Wayne Dyer had passed away in his sleep. A man who was so loving, inspiring, wise, and epic left his body to go take care of whatever is next for him. Dyer had a impact on my life personally and I know many would say the same, particularly when they think about the books he wrote, the talks he gave, and that feeling he gave you that allowed you to just ‘get it’ when it comes to personal development concepts.
One of the most powerful things about Dyer’s message was his nondenominational version of spirituality, an approach that I think is so important when you look at the reality of what religion causes in our world. He effectively pulled out important bits of truth from each religion and shared them with the world in a very practical way.
Which is why I love this first quote:
1.”My belief is that the truth is a truth until you organize it, and then becomes a lie. I don’t think that Jesus was teaching Christianity, Jesus was teaching kindness, love, concern, and peace. What I tell people is don’t be Christian, be Christ-like. Don’t be Buddhist, be Buddha-like.”
2. “A mind at peace, a mind centered and not focused on harming others, is stronger than any physical force in the universe.”
3. “Self-worth comes from one thing – thinking that you are worthy.”
4. “Stop acting as if life is a rehearsal. Live this day as if it were your last. The past is over and gone. The future is not guaranteed.”
5. “It is impossible for you to be angry and laugh at the same time. Anger and laughter are mutually exclusive and you have the power to choose either.”
6. “I cannot always control what goes on outside. But I can always control what goes on inside.”
7. “When you judge another, you do not define them, you define yourself.”
8. “Doing what you love is the cornerstone of having abundance in your life.”
9. “Love is the ability and willingness to allow those that you care for to be what they choose for themselves without any insistence that they satisfy you.”
10.”The highest form of ignorance is when you reject something you don’t know anything about.”
11. “The fact that you are willing to say, ‘I do not understand, and it is fine,’ is the greatest understanding you could exhibit.”
12. “When you squeeze an orange, orange juice comes out – because that’s what’s inside. When you are squeezed, what comes out is what is inside.”
13. “You’ll see it when you believe it.”
14. “If you are living out of a sense of obligation you are slave.”
15. “You cannot be lonely if you like the person you’re alone with.”
Grab these quotes, print them out on a piece of paper, and put them up somewhere you can see them. Something as simple yet profound as seeing these pieces of wisdom every day can have a big impact on your life. Wayne Dyer will never be forgotten. His work will be etched into history for a very long time.
If you have a favorite Wayne Dyer quote, please feel free to share it below!
The Sacred Science follows eight people from around the world, with varying physical and psychological illnesses, as they embark on a one-month healing journey into the heart of the Amazon jungle.
You can watch this documentary film FREE for 10 days by clicking here.
"If “Survivor” was actually real and had stakes worth caring about, it would be what happens here, and “The Sacred Science” hopefully is merely one in a long line of exciting endeavors from this group." - Billy Okeefe, McClatchy Tribune