For the longest time I had tunnel vision and expected life to be a certain way. I studied my failure until I lost sight of my successes. I crafted limiting beliefs and shielded myself from love and happiness by refusing to put myself out there. And as I did all this, I sat back and wondered why my life was not working.
Obviously, I was very lost.
But it was not until 2012, when our family was hit with multiple disorders, that my stubborn habits led me into another internal argument. I remember looking at myself in the mirror that evening and hearing a voice in my head say, “Ana, you are the enemy – your enemy.” I had a strong urge to start searching for a practical tool to turn things around. That’s when I started heavily studying all the different self-healing modalities I could find, taking practitioner courses, teacher courses, and running meditations and workshops. The more I dug, the deeper the levels of truth I was able to uncover, and was then able to start helping others do the same.
In 2014, I helped my family member recover from various issues such as intestinal polyps, endometriosis, arthrosclerosis, hormone misbalance, and hair loss. These had lasted almost 15 years and was resolved within 3 to 4 months of regular healing treatments. Now, it’s time I shared some of what I have learned and experienced firsthand.
Diseases Caused By The Mind
Many of us at some point experience gastrointestinal problems when extremely angry, constipation or diarrhea when stressed, or sudden neck or back pain when worrying about money or relationships. These are widely accepted examples of the relationship between mind and body. Another basic example is getting hiccups upon waking or sweating when nervous. These harmless temporary effects are all caused by the mind.
So, what’s stopping the mind from creating more long-lasting effects on our bodies?
The “nocebo effect” refers to the mind’s ability to cause more harmful physical disorders. Dr. Bernie Siegel cites a finding in his book, Love Medicine and Miracles, concerning patients in an experimental control group for a new chemotherapy drug. It is commonly known that hair loss is a side effect of chemotherapy. This group was only given harmless saline, but thought they may have been given chemotherapy. 30 percent of this group lost their hair. Yes, the mind can cause extreme physical changes in the body.
How The Mind Creates Physical Symptoms
The above example shows how the outcome could easily be traced back to the conscious belief that chemotherapy causes hair loss. You believe something about the body and it happens. What makes this belief even stronger is the support it gets from our family, society, the media, and even our doctors.
In the book Heal Your Body, Louise Hay writes: “I’ve learned that there are really just two underlying mental patterns that contribute to dis-ease: fear and anger.” These underlie any deeply repressed unconscious beliefs of self-unworthiness.
Energy follows thought, and what we say repeatedly has a tendency to permeate our astral emotional emotional subtle body and manifest in our physical body in various ways. If you repeatedly say, “So and so is such a pain in the neck,” it is quite possible that this thought is going to accumulate and, in a day or two, cause pain in your own neck by affecting the energy centre responsible for muscle and bone structure.
Where Does Self-Healing Start?
There are two concepts which are important to grasp at this stage:
- Self-healing originates in our mental faculty
- Self-healing is sustained by our emotional well-being
Contrary to the nocebo effect is the placebo effect, when a person’s healing can only be attributed to the belief, not the treatment, that they will be healed. Throughout medical history we have witnessed numerous cases of this happening. Our will is a lead player in this formula of success. You may go and meet many very expensive doctors and go for all sorts of medical treatments, but if you keep on telling yourself that the power to heal you is with the doctor, the therapist, the nurse (outside your body and mind), chances of the same symptom reoccurring in a different place in your body are high. If after treatment you find that this is the case, it is a sure sign that the origin of your current state is emotional in nature and before treating the physical, the emotions must be regulated.
5 Steps To Get Healthy Naturally
- Traditional medical diagnosis. A physical diagnosis is a great starting point because if you are starting on your own, you want to know where begin untangling the ball. If you’re really new to self-healing, always seek support from an advanced healer. A good book to start with is Louise Hay’s “Your Body Can Heal You” and “You Can Heal Your Life.”
- Proper belief. In order to live well you need to want it. Go over your aims and targets, note down everyone and everything it is worth living for. Take a note of successful bibliographies that made it using self-healing. Louie Hay is a great example, as well as Dr. Wayne Dyer.
- Creating your healing program. This is the fun part. Here’s where you will experiment either with the help of an advanced healer or on your own. Be aware of your body and how it absorbs energies from different practices and put your own practice together. Mine usually starts with an energetic yoga practice, self-introspection, breathing exercises, and then a meditation.
- Make a new habit. Like brushing your teeth twice a day and having afternoon tea at 5 o’clock, you want to find a time and space in your home where you can comfortably practice your new healing program. This phase will need 30 days of constant practice to stick in your life as a new habit
- Go out there. If you’re on your own trying this out, find a partner or someone from your class that you can share your experiences with. Having a “healing buddy” will give you an extra boost of motivation and zest to keep going
Your life path number can tell you A LOT about you.
With the ancient science of Numerology you can find out accurate and revealing information just from your name and birth date.
Get your free numerology reading and learn more about how you can use numerology in your life to find out more about your path and journey. Get Your free reading.