Change your mantras, change your world.
You already have inner mantras. You think and say them unconsciously in fact. You see, mantras are not a group of mysterious utterances or sounds from monks sitting on mountaintops in Tibet. They are the thoughts we hold every day, the words we utter over and over again about ourselves, our world, and about those around us. They are thought patterns that we have made habitual, that in fact create our world, both spiritual and physical.
Thoughts are things – they have power and they have energy. Physicists tell us that, ultimately, all matter can be broken down into nothing but energy, and our thoughts are part of that energy. Doctors now tell us that there is a mind-body connection and that our thoughts, our stress, our anxieties can have a negative impact on our physical well-being; likewise positive thoughts can have a positive impact on our physical well-being too. Why, then, would you choose any thoughts or words that are not positive?
Changing Our Thought Patterns By Changing Our Mantras
Here are typical mantras of our lives:
- I can’t learn this
- I am so stressed
- I will never have enough money
- I will have to work hard the rest of my life
- The world is a dangerous place, and I must be afraid
- If I just had _____________, I would be happy
- I am tired, I am sick, I am unhappy, etc.
- S/he is stupid, crazy, horrible
Each time these mantras are thought or said, you have given them energy and power. And they will help you manifest in your life exactly what you have thought or said.
Most of these negative mantras have been ingrained into our thinking by habit. Perhaps we grew up in a household in which these negative mantras were spoken; maybe we have fallen into the “groupthink” patterns of our friends and co-workers. And the Universe responds accordingly to all of them. If you think lack, you will have lack; if you think illness, you will become ill; if you think fear, you will reap things to be afraid of.
Imagine the difference in your life if you could change those negative thought patterns and replace them with positive ones! And you can do this, if you are willing to learn positive thinking and work to break your bad habits, just as you would break any other habit you have.
Whenever you have a negative thought or make a negative statement, immediately stop yourself and say its opposite. So, if you are thinking, “I am so tired,” change it out and repeat several times, “I am filled with energy right now.” You can do this all day long if necessary. And you can do it with any negative thought or word until your habits are changed. And once those habits are changed, the positive daily mantras take over, changing your life.
Now these are daily small mantras that, over time, will create the life you truly want. They change your “inner frequency” and clean up that rusty connection to the Universe, which is perfect, whole, and abundant.
The 5 Biggies — Mantras For All Time
Now that you have your “smaller” daily mantras to counter negative thinking, it’s time to think about the big ones – those that will impact all of you and your world over the long-term. These are not new. They are based upon what the ancients knew. Just the language has been changed so that all of us can understand what we are saying and thinking.
- “OM.” This has not been changed. It is the sound we need to make when we meditate. The reason for this mantra is that it clears our minds as we seek to get into that place where all worldly thought leaves us. When we do have our minds completely clean, we allow the positive energy of the Universe to enter, and we can then enter our own thought or thoughts that are in unison with the Universe. This is how we keep our connection to Universal Mind clean and active in our lives. Wayne Dyer called this “getting into the gap.”
- “I am one with Universal Mind and therefore have divine power and value.” You are telling yourself that you have the power to control every aspect of your life. And when you claim and know that you are one with Universal Mind you are claiming that only good will come into your life.
- “I serve the greater good and live in peace and harmony with all things, living and non-living.” When you take this mantra on, repeat it, and live it, you will eliminate conflict in your own life and remind yourself of the many beautiful and inspiring things there are in life. You will fully appreciate all of nature and the environment.
- “We are all one in Mind.” This is such an important idea and mantra. When we realize, truly realize, that all of us are a part of one Mind, we cannot help but love all of our fellow man, even, as Jesus said, our enemies. And when we claim only good for everyone, we are in harmony with our Universe.
- “I have all that is good and worthy.” This mantra means that you are claiming your right to all of the abundance and well-being that is in the Universe. There can be no lack, no disharmony, and no illness when you truly claim what is yours to have.
The Difference Between Mantras & Traditional Prayer
In our Western churches, we are taught to pray to God and to Jesus, and in some instances to Mary and other saints, to intercede for us, to help us. The problem with these thoughts is this: We develop the belief pattern that some entity outside of ourselves can choose to give or not to give us what we need or want. Toward the end of the Lord’s Prayer, we say, “Thy will be done,” as if God decides our fate and we have little to no power over our own beings and our own world.
When we finally get over this notion and realize that we are one with God (or the Universe, or the One, or the First Cause), we understand Jesus’s words, “All that I have done, you can do, and more.” We can be our own miracle workers – it starts with our thought.
Your life path number can tell you A LOT about you.
With the ancient science of Numerology you can find out accurate and revealing information just from your name and birth date.
Get your free numerology reading and learn more about how you can use numerology in your life to find out more about your path and journey. Get Your free reading.