The idea of psychic attack has been around for thousands of years and definitely deserves some attention. I’ve found that there is a great deal of confusion surrounding negative energy these days, especially among “New Agers.”
Below are 9 important points to remember about negative energy and how to protect yourself from it:
1. Avoid taking it to the extreme.
First of all, be careful how much emphasis you place on protection. The word protection is often rooted in fear and based on the law of attraction; you will attract whatever it is that you’re putting a lot of energy toward. I’ve seen people take the idea of psychic protection to the extreme, and most often these people spend a lot of time thinking about what they don’t want to attract in their lives rather than what they would like to attract. So, if you’re one of these people, you must deal with the fear of negativity rather than negativity itself.
2. Negative energy (just like positive energy) is real. We live in a world of polarity. Dark must exist so that the light can exist. It’s normal.
There are a lot of people who refuse to believe in things like “the evil eye,” which has been recognized in various cultures for thousands of years. The fact is, negative energy cannot exist without positive energy. Period. Without one, you cannot have the other. You can deny the darkness, but in reality, you would not be able to recognize light without darkness, just like you couldn’t know peace without war. When you recognize that negative energy exists, you’ll be more aware of it when it enters your energy field.
3. The negative energy people emit is a response to the thoughts and emotions they’re experiencing.
There are others who think that the only reason they ever get “negative energy” from someone is because the other person must be jealous. I cannot tell you how many times my clients and friends have recited this belief to me. It’s simply untrue. Humans are capable of many different emotions. There are many reasons why a person can feel negatively about you. A person’s feelings about you is a direct response to their own interpretation of who you are. You can’t control it.
Many also seem to believe that there are some people who deliberately send negative energy to others. 99% of people do not consciously send negative energy to others. They may feel intensely negative about a person or a situation, but that does not mean they are out to intentionally hurt anyone.
5. EVERYONE is affected by negative energy, including plants and animals.
Everyone feels negativity. As I said above, the way you feel about someone is based on your interpretation of who they are and what they’ve done. When you feel negativity towards someone, you’re broadcasting that signal like a beacon, which not only impacts the person you’re thinking of but everyone else in the vicinity. There have been some pretty incredible studies to show how even plants and animals respond to positive and negative thoughts.
6. You are affected by your own negative energy (i.e. negative self-talk).
You can give yourself the “evil eye.” When you speak negatively about yourself and feel strong emotions of self-loathing, criticism, self-doubt, etc., you put stress and negativity into your own sphere. This is the most common form of negative energy that I find “stuck” in someone’s sphere.
7. Energy (positive or negative) is everywhere!
Because energy knows no bounds you cannot run or hide from it. It’s everywhere. That means at any point of the day, you can send loving or hurtful energy to anyone that you think of. That’s a lot of power to hold. Whatever energy you send outward will be experienced by you (sometimes more intensely), so use this power wisely.
8. Accept it and learn from it.
Because you cannot stop energy, you need to accept it as it is. When you do not accept it, the energy can become lodged in your field.
If you believe that you have negative energy stuck in your field and you’d like to remove it, you need to get clarity on the root cause of the issue. The following questions can help you get started:
Do you accept when people don’t like you? Can you accept criticism? Can you accept that some people will disagree with your actions and opinions? Do you feel you deserve negativity in your life? How could this negative energy be serving you? Are you worthy of love? When you find the root issue, work on it right away so that you can understand and learn from it and clear the negative energy from your field.
9. Negative energy is a teacher that brings us back into balance.
Ultimately, when we understand that negative energy exists in our life for as much of a purpose as positive energy does, then we can learn from it instead of hiding from it. When we can embrace both polarities of the world, then we will know unconditional love. We will be able to accept and love people whether they love us back or not.
So to sum up, here are the important points to remember:
- Avoid becoming obsessed with self protection.
- Negative energy is as real as positive energy.
- Most people do not consciously send negativity.
- The negative energy people emit is a response to the thoughts and emotions they’re experiencing.
- EVERYONE emits negative energy.
- EVERYONE is affected by negative energy, including plants and animals.
- You are affected by your own negative energy (i.e. negative self-talk).
- Energy (positive or negative) moves through walls, so you cannot block it out by not seeing a person you think is sending you negative energy.
- Because you cannot stop it from happening, you need to accept it as it is. When you do not accept it, the energy can become lodged in your sphere.
- If negative energy is lodged in your field, it is there so that you can learn something from it.
- Negative energy is a teacher that helps bring us into balance.
I hope that you’ve found these points useful. If you have any stories that you’d like to share about learning from negativity, feel free to post them in the comments section below!
Do you ever feel like you’re looking everywhere for the answers?
Do you feel anxious and uncertain when you think about what you’re meant to do in this world?
Do you wish someone could teach you HOW to discover your soul purpose for yourself?
I’ve helped over 2.5 million spiritual seekers develop their intuition and discover their soul purpose. If you’re interested in getting FREE spiritual seeker content and weekly angel readings delivered straight to your inbox, click here. Thanks for reading!
In this new film called Prosperity, you can learn the ways in which companies are changing the game in order to change our world. CE's founder Joe Martino is in this film talking about CE's business practices.