“In this life, you are never going to be younger than you are right now.” I first heard this statement in the movie The Spectacular Now, and it hit me so profoundly that I was never able to look at the world in the same way again. There is nothing particularly revolutionary about the idea itself — in fact it’s quite commonsensical when you think about it — but for some reason it struck a chord that I just couldn’t shake off.
We all have those particular quotes, videos, or personal experiences that, for one reason or another, impacted us profoundly. In hopes of sparking that within you, I wanted to share two particular videos that I feel have the potential to do just that.
The first is from speaker, performing artist, visionary, and filmmaker Prince Ea. Titled Why Most People Die Before Age 25, it outlines how we all have greatness within us and why now is the time for us to stop obsessing over the irrelevant and to instead step into our personal potential.
Why Most People Die Before Age 25 Summary
- We all have dreams, most of which we keep hidden from the world with excuses and ideas of staying “realistic.”
- The wealthiest place in the world is a graveyard, where you will find inventions, businesses, creative projects and more all never realized because of fear.
- We aren’t in a graveyard yet, but with every passing moment we move closer to that, so there is no time like the present to take action on what you would like to share or create.
- Our dreams are possible. The airplane is just 100 years old, the internet is less than 50 years old, and those ideas were once seen as impossible and even terrifying.
- Don’t let your mind fool you into thinking that every good idea has already been taken. There are endless ideas and accomplishments waiting to be discovered.
- Forget what others say. There has never been a statue erected for a critic.
- Stop obsessing over celebrities and live your life.
- Don’t let this negative and isolated world get to you; create your own path and leave a trail.
The second video is one of my own, created just last week to share similar lessons I’ve learned over the years. My intention is to remind us all of how much bigger a role our attitude plays in our lives than the circumstances we find ourselves in. The video is titled 8 Mental Shifts To Help Trigger Success & Happiness.
8 Mental Shifts To Help Trigger Success & Happiness Summary
- Turn comparison into support. Rather than belittle yourself through comparison, wish the best for others and focus on your own journey.
- Shift focus from the past to the present. No matter how traumatic or wonderful your past is, it has no bearing on right now, so stop giving it part of your attention.
- You don’t know everything. Keep learning. The world is always changing, so stop holding onto beliefs so strongly that you refuse to respect opposing views and try new things.
- Stop blaming and take responsibility. Honesty will get you a lot further in life than trying to consistently weasel your way out of things.
- Don’t just talk; do! Stop just talking the talk and instead walk the walk.
- Stop waiting and go after what you want. If you want it, go after it and give it reason to potentially show up.
- Drop the resentment and forgive. You aren’t doing anyone a favour by holding onto feelings; instead you are disempowering yourself from moving on.
- Quit following and take the lead. Take leadership of your own life and stop waiting for others to pave the way for you.
What are your thoughts on these videos? Do they inspire you to go after what you would like to accomplish in life? Please be sure to share any other favourite videos, quotes, or stories that get you going in the comments below!
Having trouble losing excess weight? This could be one of the biggest reasons why.
We know so much about food now yet much of the population is overweight and unhealthy because of the quality of our food and our perception about food.
Luckily there's a quiz that you can take to find out where you stand on food addiction. You can take it here.
After you will get results and specific information based on your score. Try the quiz!