Dr. Seuss is one of the greatest literary legends of our time. He wrote an impressive list of children’s books that offer a great message and many lessons for both children and parents alike! In fact, anyone reading a Dr. Seuss book is sure to gain some valuable insight about life and themselves. For a surefire way to brighten your day, here are 25 pieces of wisdom from the late, great Dr. Seuss himself!
1. “Why fit in when you were born to stand out?”
Don’t try to be like everyone else, that’s boring! You were meant to stand out. Everyone is different and it’s time to embrace those qualities that make us unique.
2. “You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.”
This is a very simplistic way of saying that you can be and do anything you want! If you can think it, then surely your feet and motivation can get you there.
3. “If you never did you should. These things are fun, and fun is good.”
Take a step into the fear of the unknown, try new things and face your fears head-on. You’ll be happy you did and you will gain some new experiences along the way.
4. “Think and wonder. Wonder and think.”
Go outside, lay in a park, and just think or daydream. Try unplugging from technology and think for yourself, and use your imagination!
5. “You are you. Now isn’t that pleasant?”
Your Inbox Will Never Be The Same
Inspiration and all our best content, straight to your inbox.
Be happy with who you are. This can be one of the most challenging lessons to learn in life. But try embracing your unique qualities and focus on the great things about yourself instead of dwelling on the things you perceive as negative. Show yourself some love and take good care.
6. “The more that you read, the more things you will know. The more that you learn, the more places you’ll go.”
Never stop learning. The moment you feel like you have it all figured out is exactly the moment where you should pick up a book and read something new. If there is something you always wanted to know more about, then do some research. It may just lead you on some new and exciting adventures.
7. “You’ll miss the best things if you keep your eyes shut.”
Take in all the beauty. Keep your eyes open or you’ll miss out on some of the beautiful aspects of life. View the world with the same wonder and awe as you did when you were a child.
8. “Sometimes the questions are complicated and the answers are simple.”
Often times we tend to overthink things. Sometimes the answer is right there in front of you just waiting for you to clear your head enough to see it. Don’t over-complicate things, and trust your intuition.
9. “If things start happening, don’t worry, don’t stew, just go right along and you’ll start happening too.”
Sometimes it can seem like things are happening all around you. Maybe your friends and/or family members are making some big leaps, but don’t feel discouraged by this, just keep doing you and soon enough you’ll be happening too.
10. “Just tell yourself, duckie, you’re really quite lucky.”
This is so cute, and it comes from the Dr. Seuss book Did I Ever Tell you How Lucky You Are? Sometimes it helps to focus on the things you are grateful for in your life and give thanks for all of the amazing things that are happening.
11. “It’s better to know how to learn than to know.”
Always be open to learning something new and hearing others’ opinions instead of just assuming you already know everything. When you do that you are closing your mind and the opportunity for learning, but really, there is always more to learn!
12. “Sometimes you will never know the value of a moment, until it becomes a memory.”
Enjoy the little things in life because you won’t realize just how important they are until they become your memories.
13. “Only you can control your future.”
This seems like one of the most intense quotes that at least I’ve ever heard from Dr. Seuss, but like the rest, it couldn’t be truer. You have the power to decide your future, and the fate of your future lies in your hands alone. Ask yourself, what it is that you want, and go make that happen.
14. “So, open your mouth, lad! For every voice counts.”
This reminds me of the powerful statement, speak the truth, even if your voice shakes. It is important to speak up for what you believe in. It doesn’t mean getting into argumentative debates with others, but stand up and support your views. You may be surprised that people actually agree with what you have to say, but were maybe just afraid to say something as well.
15. “Step with great care and tact, and remember that life’s a great balancing act.”
It is important to move forward, but just make sure that you are doing this with tact and not hurting others along the way. It is true, life is a great balancing act, and you need to find out what works best for you.
16. “Today you are you, that is truer than true. There is no one alive, who is youer than you.”
It’s true, there is no one that is more youer than you! So as mentioned above, don’t be afraid to embrace those qualities that make you, you!
17. “Today I will behave as if this is the day I will be remembered.”
This one is kind of similar to the saying live each day as if it’s your last. Make each day your best day, and accomplish everything you would like to get done, and then some! Maybe do something different!
18. “You’re off to great places! Today is your day! Your mountain is waiting, so get on your way!”
Well, today is your day because every day is today. Your mountain refers to whatever it is you want to accomplish, so get going!
19. “A person’s a person, no matter how small.”
This is a great reminder that every person and being on this planet deserves the same respect, no matter their race, cultural background, or views.
20. “I know it is wet and the sun is not sunny, but we can have lots of good fun that is funny.”
Every day is not going to be a sunny day, but you can still make the best of those days as well. Just like life has it’s ups and downs, you just have to learn to roll with the punches.
21. “Kid! You’ll move mountains.”
Believe in yourself! You can do anything you want to do.
22. “And will you succeed? Yes, you will indeed! (98 and ¾ percent guaranteed.)”
This is just some straight up encouragement. You won’t succeed unless you try, so just believe that you will. And if at first you don’t, try, try again.
23. “Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better. It’s not.”
Change happens when there are people who genuinely care about something. Think of all the insightful documentaries that have been made because someone cared so deeply about a subject to make it happen. The same thing goes for taking care of yourself. Unless you care deeply about yourself and your success, you may find it hard to find the motivation to make positive changes in your life.
24. “Fantasy is a necessary ingredient in living, it’s a way of looking through life through the wrong end of a telescope.”
Clearly, Dr. Seuss had a great imagination. We can tell by all the amazing characters he dreamed up for his stories. It is important to be able to use your imagination as often as possible and fantasize about your future self and goals.
25. “You’ll be on your way up! You’ll be seeing great sights! You’ll join the high fliers who soar to high heights.”
Just get going! Don’t worry about those who you perceive as above you, just focus on yourself and soon you’ll join them at the top!
Your life path number can tell you A LOT about you.
With the ancient science of Numerology you can find out accurate and revealing information just from your name and birth date.
Get your free numerology reading and learn more about how you can use numerology in your life to find out more about your path and journey. Get Your free reading.