Are you accepting of change? Your immediate response might be yes, because you want to think you are a flexible human being with an open mind and heart. But change is scary, and when it’s put into action, it can really affect you.
What would you do if one day you got in your car and suddenly you were told you had to drive on the opposite side of the road than you were used to? It’s a frightening situation because one of the ways we survive is by predicting our environment and acting accordingly. Our sense of safety goes out the window when predictability disappears.
This is why change is so difficult. We are unsure of how to react to what we don’t know to be safe. Relationships are safe because we can assume how each and every day will turn out, so we have a hard time leaving, even when we know it’s the right thing to do. We fear our physical survival is at risk, even in the most trivial circumstances. It is more comfortable to live in our known existence than it is to take on what we know is better, or right, or perhaps just different.
It seems like a no-brainer that, if our health is at risk, we change to make it better, but we grow comfortable with our habits and lifestyle, and fear what will happen to us if we disrupt our known reality. This holds true for people who are overweight, and struggle with the idea that they need to shed pounds, but cannot put it into action.
But the following 13 people prove that change can happen, with a strong and positive mental attitude and a whole lot of self-love. Each of their stories is different, and may inspire you to find your own path to give up something you know is not good for you, whether that is extra weight, a bad relationship, a miserable job, and so on.
1. Check out this woman’s journey here.
2. This man’s step-by-step transformations are described here.
3. This blogger from Singapore has an incredible story you can read here.
4. Check out more of these twins’ photo here.
5. Check out her incredible transformation and success story here.
6. Read this young lady’s blog to see how she made a change for the better.
7. Check out this link to read another man’s inspiring story.
8. This guy amazed the Internet. Find out why here.
9. This blog’s owner proves with age comes beauty.
10. Check out how this woman created her own method of losing weight.
11.This guy named his blog “Sweating until happy.”
12. From overweight to a bodybuilder and a coach. Find out how she did it here.
13. Check out this woman’s slim down story here.
It’s time for news that isn’t fear-based, but heart-based; news that fosters connection, not division.
With over 1.1 billion views under our belt, we are launching an online News/TV network with truth and consciousness in mind!
We invite you to support news and media that matters and that can help change our world! Click here to support.