Are you accepting of change? Your immediate response might be yes, because you want to think you are a flexible human being with an open mind and heart. But change is scary, and when it’s put into action, it can really affect you.
What would you do if one day you got in your car and suddenly you were told you had to drive on the opposite side of the road than you were used to? It’s a frightening situation because one of the ways we survive is by predicting our environment and acting accordingly. Our sense of safety goes out the window when predictability disappears.
This is why change is so difficult. We are unsure of how to react to what we don’t know to be safe. Relationships are safe because we can assume how each and every day will turn out, so we have a hard time leaving, even when we know it’s the right thing to do. We fear our physical survival is at risk, even in the most trivial circumstances. It is more comfortable to live in our known existence than it is to take on what we know is better, or right, or perhaps just different.
It seems like a no-brainer that, if our health is at risk, we change to make it better, but we grow comfortable with our habits and lifestyle, and fear what will happen to us if we disrupt our known reality. This holds true for people who are overweight, and struggle with the idea that they need to shed pounds, but cannot put it into action.
But the following 13 people prove that change can happen, with a strong and positive mental attitude and a whole lot of self-love. Each of their stories is different, and may inspire you to find your own path to give up something you know is not good for you, whether that is extra weight, a bad relationship, a miserable job, and so on.
1. Check out this woman’s journey here.
2. This man’s step-by-step transformations are described here.
3. This blogger from Singapore has an incredible story you can read here.
Your Inbox Will Never Be The Same
Inspiration and all our best content, straight to your inbox.
4. Check out more of these twins’ photo here.
5. Check out her incredible transformation and success story here.
6. Read this young lady’s blog to see how she made a change for the better.
7. Check out this link to read another man’s inspiring story.
8. This guy amazed the Internet. Find out why here.
9. This blog’s owner proves with age comes beauty.
10. Check out how this woman created her own method of losing weight.
11.This guy named his blog “Sweating until happy.”
12. From overweight to a bodybuilder and a coach. Find out how she did it here.
13. Check out this woman’s slim down story here.
Having trouble losing excess weight? This could be one of the biggest reasons why.
We know so much about food now yet much of the population is overweight and unhealthy because of the quality of our food and our perception about food.
Luckily there's a quiz that you can take to find out where you stand on food addiction. You can take it here.
After you will get results and specific information based on your score. Try the quiz!