“We are making a building material out of hemp to build a better world.”advertisement - learn more
- Hemp can grow anywhere, in any climate.
- Hemp requires no herbicides, pesticides, fungicides, or insecticides to grow well.
- Hemp can absorb 4x as much carbon dioxide in the air compared to trees.
- Hemp helps detoxify and regenerate the soil.
- Hemp stalks take only 4 months to mature, whereas trees take 20 to 80 years.
- Hempcrete makes the perfect building material. It is fireproof, immune to termites, and naturally regulates humidity and temperature in a building.
There is no doubt about, hemp is awesome. Why isn’t it more commonly used as a building material?
Art du Chanvre (which is French for “Art of Hemp”) is a wonderful initiative whose goal is to develop a system to make hempcrete accessible to everyone. They need our support to build the first hempcrete block plant in America, which would produce 1 million blocks per year, providing every builder access to the amazing benefits of hemp construction. This could literally save our environment while reviving our economy in a sustainable way. What’s not to love about that?
Support their wonderful kickstarter campaign and help spread the world so that we can build a more sustainable world for generations to come!
In this new film called Prosperity, you can learn the ways in which companies are changing the game in order to change our world. CE's founder Joe Martino is in this film talking about CE's business practices.