In difficult times, many people seek information and advice from clairvoyants, psychics, fortune tellers, and intuitive readers. How can a person tell which ones to trust?
According to a 2001 Gallup poll, roughly 50% of people polled believed in psychic powers and another 27% was undecided on if they believed. During the past hard economic times, according to Danbury News Times, the number of people seeking advice through psychics, clairvoyants, and fortune tellers has increased.
It doesn’t matter if it’s for hopes of finding real answers or just for entertainment; some people seek out the help of those skilled in psychic and paranormal abilities. Exactly how does one find a respectable and reputable psychic?
Signs That a Psychic or Fortune Teller Is a Fraud
If a person, in their quest to find answers, runs across the following scenarios, there is a good chance that the clairvoyant they are seeing is not the right psychic reader, as he or she may be involved in deceptive business practices.
- The psychic indicates that you are cursed and, for a fee, they can lift the curse.
- The fortune teller warns that the future looks horrible, but for extra money, they can fix it.
- The intuitive reader tells the person that evil spirits are around, but for an extra fee, they can remove them.
- The psychic warns that all chakras or energy centers are shut down and, for extra money, they can open them for you.
- The intuitive counselor, psychic, or fortune teller wants a person to keep seeing them and only them.
- The psychic or intuitive reader mentions that he or she is special and only they have “authentic and true” ability.
In any of the above scenarios, psychic fraud is occurring. It is best that a person avoids the reader all together or, if in a session, cut it short. These are common psychic fraud scenarios that automatically indicates a person is about to spend far more money on their psychic session than they should be spending.
Best Method for Choosing a Psychic Reader or Intuitive Counselor
Before a person even books a session with a psychic or fortune teller, it is important that they try to find out something about their reader.
Word of mouth has always been one of the most trusted ways of shopping and even in the psychic and paranormal fields, it is by far the most dominant way of finding the right psychic reader within the psychic field.
According to a Nielsen Internet survey, “Despite the ever expanding array of advertising platforms and sources, consumers around the world place their highest levels of trust in other consumers.”
People trust other people and the experiences they have had. When someone has a good psychic reading with a particular psychic, it is likely that another person will also have a good psychic session, too.
Questions to Ask a Psychic or Fortune Teller
Not everyone has friends that are into this field. The following questions can help someone weed out the professional psychics from the non-professional psychics.
- How long have they been in the field? Usually the longer the better, but do remember that everyone has to start somewhere.
- Are they licensed? Several states require psychic to be licensed. In some locations they need an entertainment license, while in others, they need an actual fortune telling license. These licenses are supposed to help prevent fraud. There are also several independent licensing/certification schools and groups.
- Has the psychic attended school? It’s always a good idea to find out what, if any, formal training the psychic has received. Where they mentored by someone? Did they take classes? Do they teach classes? For how long have they done so? A psychic that lacks formal training may still have great raw talent, but it does tend to be easier to trust those who can at least show some proof of what they’ve learned and where. Remember, word of mouth and reputation is very important in this field.
- What is their psychic specialty? If someone specializes in palm reading or hand prediction, don’t expect them to do a numerology reading. If someone is good at locating lost objects, don’t expect them to give intuitive information on a love life. If someone says they channel, it would be wise to ask them what channeling is. Terminology is very tricky in the psychic field and what one person calls channeling may not be what another means when they say channeling.
- Is it okay to see another psychic? A professional psychic should never have a problem with a person seeing another professional in the field. Sometimes a second opinion is good and other times another session with a different clairvoyant or psychic may uncover new or different information.
Don’t Rely Solely on Psychic Readings
It’s always important to remember that nobody can (nor should they) totally and completely dictate life and what’s going to occur in the future. Psychic information can be used as “food for thought.” Psychic information can provide helpful and important insights to many of life’s situations and even help promote inner healing and open closed eyes.
When a person is in a real crisis situation, however, it’s far better to contact a professional doctor, lawyer, counselor, etc. as opposed to relying solely on a psychic, clairvoyant, or intuitive reader. Likewise, if a person gets to the point of relying on a psychic before they make everyday choices, it’s quite possible that they need professional help of a different kind.
Evolve Your Inbox & Stay Conscious Daily
Inspiration and all our best content, straight to your inbox.
Your life path number can tell you A LOT about you.
With the ancient science of Numerology you can find out accurate and revealing information just from your name and birth date.
Get your free numerology reading and learn more about how you can use numerology in your life to find out more about your path and journey. Get Your free reading.