- Original Content: CE isn’t a re-posting site like most others. We focus on creating original content or original spins on content so that it has something more to offer our readers. We generally don’t accept exact posts that have been posted elsewhere unless it is your personal blog.
- What We Are Looking For: We are looking for news stories, health, personal development, exercise and food related content. We are also into lists, science & technology content and anything else that is great to develop the mind, body and soul. Stuff that is buzz worthy and has the chance to reach many is also important. We try to avoid blogs and personal anecdotes that don’t have a clear direction or topic.
- Word count: We don’t focus on minimums but we prefer that posts don’t go over 1000 words. Posts that typically run between 350-800 words are best for readers. Videos or image based articles are a little different.
- Tone: The one thing CE focuses on most is tone and we are known for it. We stay neutral, non-judgmental and take a fairly optimistic view on everything so as to promote a great vibe. Content that is written in inclusive and accessible ways is important to us. If you like, have a look around the site to get an idea of how we write. One of the biggest things, remember to write for a wide audience, don’t worry about trying to sound overly scholarly as many find this content much more difficult to read. Personality is OK.
- We don’t have interest in SEO-driven submissions or submissions that don’t line up with our content strategy: CE doesn’t post up content simply to drive traffic and make money, we have a mission and goal in mind and our content strategy reflects that. If you are a freelance writer or are submitting on behalf of content companies, we are not interested in content that isn’t in line with our philosophy i.e. gimmicks or sales driven pieces.
- Sending your post: Please send your submission in the body of an email. If you used Word or another program to write your piece, please copy and paste the text into the body of the email. Be sure to send pieces that have been edited with proper grammar and format. (See below for how to submit)
- Pitching us a topic: If you aren’t sure if a topic is going to fit our site and you want to pitch us a topic before writing, please feel free to email us and we can work on figuring out the topic together and whether or not any adjustments could make it work.
- Acceptance: Since we cannot compensate contributors for posts, we are more than happy to have all writers promote their website, book, Facebook accounts, Twitter accounts etc. via our bio box. Each writer must fill out a 2 -3 sentence bio before submissions will be posted. You don’t have to link any personal accounts, but a bio and picture -either of you or something else if you wish to remain more anonymous -is required. Collective Evolution reaches millions of targeted people, making it a great resource to promote your own work. Many of our writers currently have been offered writing positions by other companies and websites and have connected their work with amazing people by writing for CE.
- Editing: We have an editing process here at CE where posts are edited, checked for accuracy and then final touches are put on the article for titling, imaging and look on the website. In the process, if we feel the tone or information needs to be adjusted to fit our content strategy, we will let you know and work together to make it happen.
- Once your posts go live, please share with your friends: Via Facebook, Twitter, your website, email, or any other social media platform. Posts are seen most when they are shared across multiple forms of social media. If posts do exceptionally well, we are able to feature the article further and offer a compensation bonus.
- We love connecting with new contributors: CE’s team isn’t big but we manage to cover a lot of ground! We may not always be able to respond to all emails and submissions but do our absolute best to get to it within 7 days. If articles are accepted, we generally notify within 7 days.
- By submitting to Collective Evolution you acknowledge: That your work will not be used in any obscene manner and any form of editing or adjustments that might occur through our team are okay and will be accepted by you before we post.
How to Submit
- Please submit articles as text within the body of an email, and send it to firstname.lastname@example.org
- All submissions must include a working title.
- All supporting images should be attached to the submission email with references to original sources if you do not have image rights.
- Please note that your submission may be edited or altered if need be, and by submitting to Collective Evolution you agree to this process.
1. You help change people’s lives & the world
We get emails everyday from our community talking about how happy they are with the content they have access to at CE and what it has done for their lives. Whether it’s information, self-help, health tips or a new perspective, it all has the power to really impact people’s lives. Writing for Collective Evolution gets your thoughts and passions out to millions of people all eager to hear about it and join the discussion.
2. You reach a global audience
Once your piece goes up, not only do we do our best to get it out to a global audience but you can push out the content as well and from there it can exponentially grow through social media. We have a network of millions from around the world and it’s growing every month! Content is always available in the archives of our site so people are coming across it even well after it is originally published.
3. You will learn a lot
By writing content that fits our philosophy you will likely learn a lot about things that can impact your own life in a big way whether it be health related or personal development. By immersing yourself into this type of stuff, it helps to get you surrounded with information promoting a healthy lifestyle for both the body and psyche.
4. You can connect with like minds
When you put your content out there, you have the option of connecting with like minds. Many of our writers have connected via email and social media after getting emails from readers who truly appreciated content or who wanted to know more about taking it to the next step. Of course, if you wish to stay anonymous, that is always an option as well.