Before you begin...
You hear it all of the time, “well if I could only go back and tell myself… [insert lesson here] …than everything would be different now.” Given that we grow and learn throughout life it only seems natural that we would come to understand things more clearly as we got to experience them first hand. The seemingly difficult part is that it usually isn’t until after we have gone through the hardship, challenge or frustrations of doing the opposite that we come to realize the so-called “better” way.
Before beginning with the list that I’ve come up with, I’d like to share the following precursors with you all:
--> Become A CE Member: The only thing that keeps our journalism going is YOU. CE members get access to exclusive benefits and support our shared mission.. Click here to learn more!
- This list is one I have put together based on my own life. That being the case, some –or potentially even all –of these lessons may or may not be relatable to you. I encourage you to add as many of your own lessons as you can come up with in the comment section of the article.
- The purpose of this article is not to get us all caught up in the regret of what was or what could have been had we had done differently. Remember that everything that has happened to this point in life has played a perfect role in making you who you are today.
- Use this article as an instigator or reminder for creating change in your life right now. No matter who you are or what your situation is, one thing is true about all of us: in this lifetime we are never going to be younger than we are right now in this moment. Therefore, there will never be a better time to change things than right now, so why not?
- This list is not put together in order of importance or significance.
1) Just because your body can seemingly handle anything, doesn’t make it okay to eat anything that you want to. Fast foods, sugary snacks, frozen dinners and anything else of that nature that I happily consumed throughout my teenage years should not be a regular part of anyone’s diet. The fact that I consumed as much of it as I did and still am around today in a healthy state shows just how strong and resilient the human body can be. Now imagine how much stronger it would be if it never had to process those unhealthy choices in the first place. It’s not to say you can’t have them at all, but having them in moderation is probably your best bet.
2) The outside world is always more interesting than the video game one. As fun as many video games can be, they will never be more important than the outside world. There is an entire real universe to explore filled with real people to interact with, so why get so caught up in a created one? You can still play them, and I still do, but again moderation seems like the best approach.
3) Don’t take school so seriously. I know instinctively this tip may receive some really negative reactions but please hear me out and keep in mind that this tip is based on my experience and is included here because it is something I would like to tell my 13-year-old self. School can be a wonderful experience and an awesome opportunity to connect with so many other people in a fun environment of mutual learning. See school as just that, and not as a treacherous life and death environment where every grade, test and assignment plays a critical role in the life that you will live. Let’s be honest, aside from potentially the last 1-2 years of high school, there is little to no difference between barely passing and achieving straight A’s in grade school, either way you move on to the next step. Enjoy the school experience, put in some hard work for the sake of learning but don’t let it become the bane of your existence.
4) Tryout/ play for more sports teams and extracurricular groups. It wasn’t until my second last year of high school that I became comfortable enough with myself to tryout/ play for all of the extracurricular’s that I had interest in. Play and be a part of whatever interests you; the fear of being judged or made fun of is not worth holding yourself back. Badminton, ultimate frisbee and curling were an awesome world I’m glad I got to at least experience for 2 of my high school years.
5) Don’t let your friends dictate your opinion of something/ someone. Make your own decisions! Just because another person came to conclude something doesn’t necessarily mean that it needs to be the conclusion for everyone else. Rather than simply accept public opinion, explore it for yourself. Even if it only leads you to agree with the original assessment, at least you got to figure it out first hand. So go talk to that cute girl! Just because someone else finds her annoying doesn’t mean that you will (Sorry, probably got a little too personal there haha)
6) Before reacting to or creating drama, breathe! We play with overly dramatic situations all throughout life, but they always seem to come about that much more often throughout teenagehood. Rather than jumping on the opportunity to “start shit” take a second to breathe. It’s amazing what a really good deep breath can do, or in this case prevent you from doing. Let’s be honest, how much of the drama that we’ve been a part of has actually been warranted/ worth our time? Chances are if they made an episode about it on ‘Pretty Little Liars’ or ‘The O.C.’ it doesn’t really hold much substance.
7) Enjoy and harness your natural beauty. This probably more naturally applies to females with the overwhelming pressures to wear make-up at earlier ages but I felt it really applied to me as a male as well. Not in regards to make-up but with hair care products. Whether it was to spike my hair, tame it down or to create a faux-hawk it felt like everyday I was putting more and more stuff in my hair. As amazing and fun as makeup and hair gels can be –especially for special occasions –to make them a part of your daily routine starting from such a young age can’t be healthy for your skin. We’re all beautiful, so let’s try and enjoy that as much as possible.
8) Be a leader. All new things in this world started with someone stepping outside of the box and deciding to create something different. Don’t be afraid to take the reigns on a new project/ idea. Even if it doesn’t work out in the end, the journey of trying to get there will more than likely be a heck of a lot more interesting than passively following someone else.
9) You will never have more time than you do right now. If the majority of us in the western world are blessed with one thing throughout our teenage years, it’s time. Rather than lofting in or accepting such regular states of boredom, seek fun and creative things to do with that time. We are never too young or old to make the best of some free time.
10) Life right now doesn’t suck as much as you think it does. Believe it or not, not having your driver’s license, not being the legal drinking age or not having a girlfriend/ boyfriend to fool around with are not viable reasons to conclude that life sucks. Life can suck just as easily even if you had all of those things and anything else you feel that you desire. Why? Because you aren’t finding peace in the now. Our minds are always going to want something more than what we currently have, so rather than getting caught up in the perpetual chase learn to love and live in this moment.
Be sure to add any of your own life lessons as a comment on this article, as well as if you agree or disagree with any of those that I mentioned. I look forward to reading your contributions!
UFO ‘Paralyzes’ Weapons & Electronic Systems of Two Iranian Military Jets Who Try To Fire Upon It
- The Facts:
In 1976, residents of Tehran, Iran noticed a big bright object in the sky. The airport traffic controller also noticed. Military jets were scrambled and a game of "cat and mouse" insured.
- Reflect On:
What will the realization that we are been and have been visited by other intelligence do to human consciousness?
Before you begin...
Mainstream UFO disclosure continues to accelerate at a tremendous pace. The U.S. Navy has released multiple videos and pictures of unknown objects (as well as testimony from the personnel involved) performing maneuvers and travelling at speeds that no known man made piece of machinery is capable of doing. The latest footage comes from the USS Omaha, it shows a spherical object that mysteriously disappeared into the ocean. Military encounters with these objects is nothing new, in fact it’s been happening for decades and the phenomenon has been well documented. There are thousands of encounters to choose from that provide a description of such events, the testimony of the personnel involved , radar tracking information and in some cases, photographs of the object.
There are many common themes and consistencies with regards to the behaviour of these objects that seems to be quite evident based on the information and the number of examples that have made their way into the public domain. One of them is the fact that these objects, most of the time, seem to perform evasive maneuvers to avoid our own aircraft. Another one is the fact that critical electronic equipment in military jets seems to shut down when in close proximity to these objects. This is well documented, and it doesn’t just occur with military jets but it’s something that’s happened at nuclear missile facilities. At Malmstrom Air Force Base in March of 1967, a base that was responsible for a large amount of nuclear weapons, multiple military witnesses here saw a red, glowing UFO hovering just outside the front gate. After that happened all of the nuclear missiles shut down and went completely dead. This is not an isolated incident and there are multiple examples.
A great example of an air encounter where this happened comes from an incident that took place in 1976. Residents of Tehran, Iran noticed a big bright object in the sky. The airport traffic controller also noticed, “it was an intensely bright object that was not supposed to be there.” The Iranian Air Force was contacted (at the time they were a close ally of the United States, under the rule of the Shah), and they dispatched two F-4 fighter jets to check out the object. The United States took this encounter very seriously, a report of what happened was sent to multiple national security officials and U.S. President Gerald R. Ford, CIA Director George Bush, and National Security Adviser Henry Kissinger, among others.
Both of the F-4 interceptor pilots reported seeing the object visually, it was also tracked on their airborne radar. Both planes experienced critical instrumentation and electronics go offline at a distance of twenty-five miles from the object. Here is an excerpt from the report:
Iranian Air Force Jets and a UFO which played “cat and mouse” with them, appearing on radar and “paralyzing” their weapons and electronic systems when the jets attempted to open fire on it….As the F-4 approached a range of 25 nautical miles it lost all instrumentation and communications. When the F-4 turned away from the objects and apparently was no longer a threat to it, the aircraft regained all instrumentation and communications. Another brightly lighted object came out of the original object. The second object headed straight toward the F4.
The report goes on to describe how the smaller object, after detaching from the bigger object, turned inside the arc of the F-4 itself, and then regained the original object. This incident apparently lasted for several hours. This type of “splitting in two” was also observed in an incident occurring near Aguadilla, Puerto Rico airport in April 2013. The incident was filmed and team of analysts working with the SCU, the Scientific Coalition for UAP Studies, a private group of scientists, military analysts, and investigators produced a report analyzing the incident.
Objects splitting into two, travelling at speeds no man made aircraft can, performing maneuvers that no known aircraft can, and exhibiting other astonishing “behaviours” is again, nothing new.
What is most interesting about the Iran incident is that the object(s) seem to know when the jets were attempting to fire on them and were able to prevent it. This is suggestive of some type of precognition, in my opinion.
It is also concerning that we would attempt to fire upon an object that doesn’t seem to be performing maneuvers indicative of a threat. Their behaviour no doubt represents potential air safety issues. In my opinion, many of these encounters are indicative of “curious” behaviour. Meanwhile, there is evidence suggesting that governments of the world have been quite interested in capturing some of these objects and have indeed been successful.
The Takeaway: What are these objects? There are a plethora of stories out there involving beings from another world that are associated with these objects. They come from high ranking military personnel, and civilian incidents like the one that occurred at Ariel School, Zimbabwe, in 1994. Although we can’t say for sure, is it responsible to rely on government and mainstream media to give us our perception of this topic? Should we be so naive as to believe that these entities will give us an accurate depiction of what they have discovered about the phenomenon? It’s no secret that governments and mainstream media have lost and are losing credibility among a large portion of their citizenry, and this is in large part due to perceived deception with regards to so many global issues, especially geo-political issues. Will mainstream UFO disclosure be any different? I don’t know, but what needs to happen with this topic if we want to learn more about it is probably a citizens based initiative and study of the phenomenon, one that is independent of any government organizations, and this is and has been happening around the world for quite some time.
Click below to watch a sneak peek of our brand new course!
Former Navy Pilot: We See UFOs “Every Day, For At Least A Couple Years”
- The Facts:
Lieutenant Ryan Graves talks to 60 Minutes about seeing UFOs "Every day for a couple years at least" during his time as a Navy pilot.
- Reflect On:
Grave's suggestion of sighting frequency is strikingly well beyond that which government has disclosed in the past. is this really happening everyday? If so, for how long? Why are we only hearing about it now?
Before you begin...
The UFO subject has gained a lot of momentum in recent years, so much so that in 2020, then President, Donald Trump signed a bill that would call on the director of national intelligence and the secretary of defense to produce a report detailing everything the government knows about unidentified flying objects, also known as “unidentified aerial phenomena” or “anomalous aerial vehicles.” Interestingly, in the bill, this request was laid out under the subheading “Advanced Aerial Threats,” suggesting government sees these objects as threats even when long time researchers have pointed out that most declassified documents and whistleblower accounts point to these objects performing evasive maneuvers, signalling a ‘non threatening’ situation.
As time has gone on, anticipation about what will be released by the US government in this intel drop has grown. As more and more mainstream media outlets begin to task journalists with exploring this subject more openly, interesting stories have been emerging that increase public awareness further – but sometimes these stories truly shake up the story we’ve received from government.
It’s not that what is being said isn’t true, it’s that to those that have spent time exploring this subject credibly for years, the stories we are hearing are painting a picture that government has essentially just not been able to gain accurate intel about UFOs up until recently, and that simply doesn’t make sense. The Pentagon has gone from strict public denial of UFOs, including ridiculing the subject, to now admitting it, with the story changing almost every six months. Is the Pentagon really begrudgingly admitting something they don’t want to admit? Or is there another game at play here?
In a recent 60 Minutes episode, Lieutenant Ryan Graves, a former Navy pilot, is describing his experience having seen these objects over the course of his career. To Graves, and the Navy in general, UFOs are considered a security risk. In the clip below, when Graves refers to how often they have seen UFOs you can hear 60 Minutes interviewer Bill Whitaker say “wait a minute, everyday for the last couple years?” as if he is confused, and he should be. For decades we have been told in mainstream conjecture that UFOs are nothing more than weather balloons and to not pay attention. Sure, in recent years the government has alluded to some rare footage of UFOs capture on flight instruments, but now all of a sudden we hear that these events have been happening ‘everyday?’
UFOs in Virginia Beach! Let’s gooooooo.
— Molly Jong-Fast (@MollyJongFast) May 16, 2021
Below is a transcript from the video above, outlining a few key takeaways from the interview.
Bill Whitaker: So you’re seeing it both with the radar and with the infrared. And that tells you that there is something out there?
Ryan Graves: Pretty hard to spoof that.
These photographs were taken in 2019 in the same area. The Pentagon confirms these are images of objects it can’t identify. Lieutenant Graves told us pilots training off the Atlantic Coast see things like that all the time.
Ryan Graves: Every day. Every day for at least a couple years.
Bill Whitaker: Wait a minute, every day for a couple of years?
Ryan Graves: Uh-huh.
When I hear “every day for at least a couple years” I can’t help but think: if this indeed has been happening this frequently, for that long, perhaps longer, why are we only hearing about it now? Why has it gone from “these sightings are rare, we don’t really know much about them” to “we are seeing these every day”? Can we really believe that government doesn’t know what these are, as is often claimed, when they have that frequent experience with them? This is a rather absurd idea.
Look at the wonder and excitement on the face of Ryan in the interview, does he seem scared? Worried? Does it seem like he’s dealing with a threat? No. He seems curious and fascinated. Likewise when we hear “every day for at least couple years,” don’t you think something ‘threatening’ would have happened by now?
I’ve spoken to Constitutional and public interest lawyer Daniel P. Sheehan on a number of occasions, he has made it quite clear to me that from his perspective and interactions with high level officials, no one is really seeing this as a threat. Yet that is the story that comes out to the public.
Why does the version of disclosure we are getting paint government in an innocent light when the deception coming from them has last almost 100 years? We can speculate on this all day, but one thing seems clear, the US government is not going to tell us all they know about this subject, and we should not expect them to. Inquiry into this subject will have to be done another way.
“Frankly, there are a lot more sightings than have been made public. Some of those have been declassified. And when we talk about sightings, we are talking about objects that have been seen by Navy or Air Force pilots, or have been picked up by satellite imagery, that, frankly, engage in actions that are difficult to explain, movements that are hard to replicate, that we don’t have the technology for, or traveling at speeds that exceed the sound barrier without a sonic boom.” – Trump’s former intelligence director John Ratcliffe.
Click below to watch a sneak peek of our brand new course!
Gaza Fights For Freedom: The Full Documentary
- The Facts:
A film showing Gaza’s protest movement. Filmed during the height of the Great March Of Return protests, it features exclusive footage of demonstrations where 200 unarmed civilians have been killed by Israel snipers since early 2018.
- Reflect On:
Why does mainstream media ignore a particular perspective? Why do social media giants censor it? What is going on?
Before you begin...
Gaza Fights For Freedom is a film directed by Abby Martin of The Empire Files that portrays life in all aspects for the people of Gaza. It was released in 2019, but is quite relevant right now given the human rights abuses and crimes against humanity that are taking place there. The topics covered are varied but all are centered on the imprisonment and deprivation caused by the Israelis blockading the small territory. The Israelis have created a situation where most of the water is toxic, where electricity on a good day maybe lasts eight hours, but often only four and frequently never. Imports of food are limited, as put officially by the Israelis themselves to put them on starvation rations. Movement is restricted by the Israeli military on all sides, and no construction materials are allowed through to repair the severely damaged infrastructure from recent Israeli attacks.
Right now, people are marching all over the world in support of the Palestinians, yet there is absolutely zero appropriate coverage by mainstream media. Facebook and other social media platforms have been quite active in censoring and blocking activists in support of Palestinians, and Israel just bombed a major press building that was the home of multiple media outlets, like Al Jazeera and the Associated Press
A statement from Al Jazeera condemned the attack, calling on “all media and human right institutions to join forces” in denouncing the bombing and to “hold the government of Israel accountable”. “Al Jazeera condemns in the strongest terms the bombing and destruction of its offices by the Israeli military in Gaza and views this as a clear act to stop journalists from conducting their sacred duty to inform the world and report events on the ground,” the statement read.
The film highlights the Israeli (and US) military and political leaders’ complete disregard of many international humanitarian and war crimes treaties. All the great information aside, and all the great journalistic photography aside, “Gaza Fights For Freedom” allows the Palestinians to speak for themselves. Abby Martin serves as an occasional commentator not so much to offer an ideology but so as to introduce a topic.
It’s a great documentary to introduce people to what has been happening in Palestine.
Click below to watch a sneak peek of our brand new course!
New Footage of “Transmedium” Sphere (UFO) Disappearing Into The Ocean From The U.S. Navy
Footage filmed (video below) in the CIC (Combat Information Center) of the USS Omaha on July 15th 2019 off the...
Why Did Twitter Censor An Eminent Infectious Disease Expert For His Opinion On COVID Vaccines?
Follow me on Instagram here. Martin Kulldorff, one of the world’s preeminent and most cited infectious disease epidemiologists from Harvard...